UK Vogue January 2020 : Taylor Swift by Craig McDean

I love the colors! Didn’t expect Taylor Swift at all but I’ll take this.

This is bad. I really like Taylor's music and don't have an issue with her on magazines, generally, but this is AWFUL. The photoshop makes her look like a different person. Coco Rocha in a bad blonde wig? Never thought I'd say this, but this makes her US Vogue September cover look like a masterpiece.

Oh, Edward. Do better.

Screaming amateur.

Something is really off about Edward picking Taylor for the cover again, she was on the same issue just two years ago. I know for some editors that is no time at all, but Edward has been making some really interesting and fresh choices for cover stars. To repeat a mega-celeb like Taylor so soon, when many others have yet to grace the cover under him, feels really lazy; especially for the first issue of a new decade.

The cover is horrible and so disappointing. I have to say I haven’t been a fan of McDean’s work for years and this is a real mess. Interesting that it’s a very similar colour palette to Dua’s January cover last year: beige and red. I like Taylor but nothing about this works for me.

It gets worse. What did they do to her face?

Taylor Swift BV Jan _03.jpg Taylor Swift BV Jan _02.jpg

Vogue.co.uk

How strange. I don’t mind the cover personally but the retouch in the first editorial image is way off. I get that they were going for that whole bombshell vibe, but still. Feels very against her grain.

Cover wise, I don’t mind the shot.

rePost from Vogue.uk

It's better than her last Vogue UK cover.
I think it's one of her best covers to date. Even if it doesn't look like her( maybe that's why I like it :ninja:)

YT6VTlCk_o.jpg

The amount of photoshop and the wig-like hair makes it unlikable. Otherwise nice.

She looks great on the cover and in the editorial. I'll be buying this issue for sure.

Wow, love this! As someone has said above, this kind of feels against the grain, but I don't mind this unexpected turn at all.

January seems to be his weakest month. Three January issues and they are terrible covers.

should have put Kristen Stewart or Rita Ora on the cover. Or at least GaGa!!

yawn! Next. I’ll wait till February.

I actually like it but the retouching is out of control, both on the cover and throughout the editorial. Why? She’s a beautiful young woman, what’s there to tweak?!

She could be Meisel material. Don't get why Selena and not her. Her first cover, two years ago, was better.

Something is really off about Edward picking Taylor for the cover again, she was on the same issue just two years ago.

This reminds me that time when Lupita Nyong'o was on US Vogue october 2015 cover and then repeated on october 2016.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
duckyjeanjo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->