UK Vogue July 2012 : Rachel Weisz by Alasdair McLellan

I rather like the cover, but maybe I'm being a bit biased because I think Rachel is awesome. That said, I think it would have been a better cover if they had chosen a picture where her hand wasn't positioned like that, it's a bit odd.

I feel like they wanted to put a slight focus on her wedding band, hence the odd hand placement. There'll probably be a lot of references to Daniel Craig in her interview...

I quite like the cover - but I also love Rachel so it's hard for me to objective :blush:

^That's probably true. To be honest, I didn't even think of her marriage to Daniel Craig! I guess in that aspect the cover works- we're noticing the ring and thus the hint about her marriage.

Review

A Clean Slate
Model: Suvi Koponen
Photographer: Josh Olins
Stylist: Lucinda Chambers
12 Photos

Prime Time
Cover Star: Rachel Weisz
Photographer: Alasdair McLellan
Stylist: Francesca Burns
7 Photos

Don't Mess With Texas
Model: Karen Elson
Photographer: Tom Craig
Stylist: Bay Garnett
12 Photos

Steel Magnolia
Model: Miranda Kerr
Photographer: Will Davidson
Stylist: Unmentioned
6+ Photos

Interesting seeing Will Davidson's name, is this the first time he's worked for Vogue UK?

^I think he shoots the supplement cover of the May issue with Nyasha Matonhodze...

UK Vogue outdone themselves with last months cover so I wasn't expecting something as good, this cover is lovely nonetheless. Just compare this to last years July disaster. It's much better and Rachel looks beautiful.

Just got this issue in the post, gonna take some snaps and upload them in a second after i've had a quick read through.

I love this. Perfect way to showcase a very beautiful and thoughtful woman, instead of going the usual route and piling tonnes of makeup, sequins, hair spray and ruffles on to her.

I agree. I think it's a beautiful cover and it's absolutely perfect for an 'Ageless Style Issue.' It shows Weisz's timeless beauty. Then again, I'm a massive McLellan fan-girl and a huge fan his photography so I could be a bit biased...

This is a lovely little issue. It's not that thick but the content is very strong. Weisz and Karen Elson's editoral's are both stunning. Just got it in the post this morning so I haven't had a chance to read through it completely but it's good. Vogue have really (and finally) stepped up their game this year.

BOOORRRRIIIINNNG. Snooze.

I like this cover, the only thing I don't really understand is the tangerine font, why that colour? Why not some blue or tea rose colour, it wouldn't be neon, but it would bring some summery feeling to the cover. I agree that the whole colours set make it look like an october cover.

^ thanks :flower: so excited :ermm: :lol:

Seriously, after an amazing cover with Kate? What the? It's not a July cover imo, it's more Autumn like. Anyway, I'm excited for Suvi and Olins editorial, I'm very curious about their collaboration.

I'm a little disappointed with the photos ^ It's Texas, they could have done so much more with the landscape available to them!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->