UK Vogue July 2012 : Rachel Weisz by Alasdair McLellan

Preview of "A Clean Slate"
Suvi Koponen by Josh Olins

dandvmanagement.blogspot

At Tesco, I noticed this issue is £2, as opposed to the usual £4.10. The downside is that the promotion sticker has been printed onto the actual cover.

I'm on a magazine cut-down. Therefore I'd want to hand over least cash as possible. More so, with this being an unimpressive issue. Aside from Josh Olins' edit with Suvi, I don't stumble across stimulating content.

I love this issue. Everyone has that thoughtful, or just downright soulful, look about them.

This emotive presentation reminds me of Donna Mitchell, one of the greatest models of all time.

I agree with some opinions i read above that this cover seems more october like style because of the colours.

Rachel though is stunning here :D

Editorial: Prime Time / Rachel Weisz by Alasdair McLellan

Fashion Editor: Francesca Burns
Hair: Luke Hersheson
Make Up: Lisa Butler
Manicure: Sophy Robson

souce: ebook free download.net

Last edited by a moderator:
Editorial: A Clean Slate / Suvi Koponen by Josh Olins

Fashion Editor: Lucinda Chambers
Hair: Samantha Hillerby
Make Up: Samantha Bryant
Manicure: Jenny Longworth

same source

Editorial: Steel Magnolia / Miranda Kerr by Will Davidson

Sittings Editor: Pippa Holt
Hair: Alan White
Make Up: Victoria Baron
Manicure: Jocelyn Petroni

same source

Supplement/Topshop Promotion: The Streets / Pixie Geldorf by Scott Trindle

Stylist: Francesca Burns
Hair: Alex Brownsell
Make Up: Lauren Parsons
Manicure: Sophy Robson

same source

There's nothing really astounding in this issue, but I do think it's one of Vogue UK's better issues this year.

Editorial: Don't Mess With Texas / Karen Elson by Tom Craig

Fashion Editor: Bay Garnett
Hair: James Rowe
Make Up: Wendy Rowe

same source

Rachel looks so beautiful in her ed, but overall, this issue lacks luster.

although i'm not a fan of Rachel i actually like this cover.. it's very pretty, natural, intimate, fresh, soulful, etc.
i think VI tried to do something similar with Isabella Rossellini but they fell flat instead :ermm:

Last edited by a moderator:
At Tesco, I noticed this issue is £2, as opposed to the usual £4.10.

I'm certainly not complaining about the reduced price, it was the motivating factor for me getting it, because there's a real lack of a 'hook' in this issue... you know, that moment when you flick through a magazine and see an image or an editorial that really interests you, that you must have... I found none of that in this issue, even though there was a range of nice enough content and a few new ads.

When they do an age theme, they're probably thinking of people like me, but I found there was nothing momentous at all, nothing that got me excited about fashion. Maybe I'll come to appreciate it more when I read through it three times, but I don't get the sense of hidden depths in this month's issue.

Over the weekend I noticed the promotional price is at various other stores too.

I happened to stumble across a subscription deal a few months ago, stating £1 for 3 issues, so I snapped that up - July being the last one I will receive. Whilst the subscription has been worth it, I anticipate picking the August edition up at the store. Because I'm more than unfulfilled after a decent weekend-long leaf through this particular issue.

I really like Rachel's editorial and the accompanying article. She seems like a very sweet, thoughtful, and intelligent person.

Okay...Suvi is a favorite, Karen isn't but she looks so beautiful, and Rachel is another favorite and is quite charming in her interview. I'm actually pretty thrilled with this issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
misslola
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->