VOUK200605_00.jpg
VOUK200705_00.jpg

fashion-iconography

her other covers
VOUK200403_00.jpg
VOUK200309_00.jpg

fashion-iconography

I hope the cover will be as good as the 2006 one

in the video.... thought it was Björk first when they were far (maybe the things in the hair)......

That May 2006 cover is one of my favorites of all times. I hope it's going to be as good as that one.

Not the worlds best scan, but here you go:

Natalia Vodianova shot by Mario Testino for British Vogue May 2008. I think it's beautiful! Long may Natalia's May reign continue.

The editorials are:
Natalia in Moscow shot by Mario Testino
Jessica Stam in Morcocco shot by Patrick Demarchelier
Siri Tollerod in California by Ventia Scott.

Natalia goes home?
sorry but Moscow isnt her home.. she`s from back country

thanks for nscanning, the scan is good but the cover not so I think

i like the cover a lot.

god, her complexion is perfect.

This cover is nothing special. I have seen much better. I dont like her expression, or the colours.
Im still going to purchase it though.

not a fan of the cover, mayb coz am fed up of the recycling of cover stars on all Vogues.
Not too eager about the eds either

Often the colours on the real-life cover are different to what the scan shows, but I don't actually mind the dusty rose colour scheme, and those big blue eyes...

Note how this cover signals what sort of audience UK Vogue thinks they're talking to - one that's literate enough about fashion models that Natalia's name can be as prominent as all the other cover lines because their readership would be aware and interested in her.

I love the cover. it has a great vintage feel I love close ups like that used for a cover.

Really interesting point about Natalia's name! I hadn't thought of that, but you're right. Models for Vogue are increasingly treated like celebrities.

The cover is oranges and bright pinks - her eyes really do pop out at you. It's not the worlds best cover, but it's a good example of what Vogue does. If you want drama or edge, you want Italia, not British. If you want English Rose in the countryside - here's where it's at.

Just scanning the Stam editorial now for you all.

Thanks a lot, secondhanddress for the cover. I've just given you karma. Can you please scan Natalia's ed and then Jessica Stam's? Thanks in advance. And your scan is not bad at all!

Really interesting point about Natalia's name! I hadn't thought of that, but you're right. Models for Vogue are increasingly treated like celebrities.

I agree with you but I have to say that Natalia is more than a model...
Talk about Doutzen, Jessica, Bianca or even Isabeli to someone who doesn't know so much about fashion... He won't know who you are talking about...

Made the same test with Natalia, often people know her (even my brother knew who she is, thanks to her CK and L'Oreal ads, and the hundred of articles about her life/love-story).

That is a great scan, thanks alot for scanning it, secondhanddress :flower:

Its a beautiful cover, i only dislike UK Vogues font, its always that annoying pink in all shades. :ninja:
And they sure seem to favour face close-ups but "From Russia With Love" is so bland been used many times before, but all in all a nice spring cover.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johngreen
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->