UK Vogue November 2019 : Jourdan Dunn by Nick Knight

Does an appearance on an Elle Singapore cover really play a big part in the fashion conversation?

Considering there's no Vogue in Singapore despite the fact that the country as a whole is the 4th most profitable fashion market in Asia, yes, an Elle or HB SG cover is prestigious and feature mostly top international models. More so than Vogue Taiwan or Thailand. Plus it was a September cover.

So, any other picture of Jourdan would've been a better cover, but that close-up portrait would be really striking! Stunning model. But I do have to agree that besides her, Lineisy's photo stands out the most. I'm not usually a big fan of hers but she's really shining here

Beautiful issue. The main editorial especially.. Love the styling and cast. I'm so happy for Jourdan and Lineisy looks fantastic.

No wonder Lineisy's photo opens the ed, the best one out the bunch, Jourdan slaayed her flowy dress photo as well, great main ed overall, could've lived without Winnie who's bringing nothing to the table tho.

Jourdan is gorgeous. I'd like to see her more often. But that cover is unbalanced. The background is overexposed and Jourdan is underexposed. It doesn't work.

Exactly. Cannot take this terrible composition.

Nice issue, but getting a lot of Vogue Paris vibes from some of these edits!

Nice issue! I love Fade To Gray and No Place Like Rome, The main edit has this old timey quality with the background and composition that makes some shots look like a painting, british paintings at that. The Teller edit is just awful, so gray and depressing.

I see what all of you are seeing. It’s very VP but maybe a less impactful VP...The Alt years before she pushed her 80’s narrative. It’s not bad or good...
Eva Herzigova is always a great idea!

Perhaps Enninful's British Vogue does feel like an amalgamation of some international Vogues. A little bit of Italia with Meisel, some of the US counterpart with the exclusivity and perhaps a dash of the European offerings with the use of Juergen Teller.

Yet everything does feel thoroughly Enninful's own, modern and relevant! Every issue is like a breath of fresh air, and I'm always anticipating the next issue (like December... and hoping for some serious Meisel multi-covers again).

I love to see a late 00's model as Jourdan still working today. I don't get what happened to that generation of girls. Is rare to see them getting these jobs as their glory days. A true legend right there. Wish the cover were by Meisel.

Quite an interesting vid, I must say. I don't care for Nick's work, and other than Lineisy's shot, I didn't particularly care for that editorial either, but I've always liked the passionate way in which he speaks of everything, really.

First assistant should take some notes because he sounds about as interesting as a vegetarian barbecue.

British Vogue, November 2019

Ella Enchanted

Photographer: Craig McDean
Styling: Grace Coddington
Hair Styling: Duffy
Make-up: Diane Kendal
Cast: Ella Balinska

British Vogue Digital

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members