UK Vogue October 2022 : Timothée Chalamet by Steven Meisel

Mr. Enninful, if the purpose of the October issue was to shock us with *THIS* (and not something/someone else that was changed at the last minute due to death of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II - Prince William, for example, who indeed would be the most justified in carrying the title of "the man who for the first time in British Vogue's 106-year history is flying solo on the cover") - congratulations, you succeeded admirably! I'm REALLY shocked at how amateurish and poorly all is executed, despite the dream-team behind it.

The second one is nice (not for a cover, though). First one is a nightmare. A notable point is that it feels less airbrushed than the rest (for reasons we all know why...).

Reactions: KoV
Im shocked by how standart it is lol
But its ok, nothing to write home about

Hmmm. Ok, I admit this isn’t the “Return of Yasmeen Ghauri or Daria Werbowy” kind of shock I fantasized about, but I am genuinely surprised to see a male on the cover. I have no more words except that I need to see and read more to understand why he made the cover.

I guess Edward is still working through his checklist of 'Firsts' some of them I have enjoyed but this is one of the exceptions. Give me an explosion of couture and full-throttle glamour. I don't want to see someone who looks smelly and half asleep

Wow, a twinky looking fuk/soft boi at the forefront of fashion.... I am so SHOCKED!!!

His eyes are like Zendaya's or Alicia Vikander's in photo shoots. They emote next to nothing. But oooooo different because he has bit of a uni-brow and wore a backless halter to the Venice film festival.

"Timothée Chalamet Is British Vogue's First Solo Male Cover Star"

What an EFFING irony, considering that he's not even a Brit in the fist place!!! :rolleyes:

Okay, even if Edward didn't want to go the royal route at all, and having on mind that Harry Styles (who is, btw, extremely charming and funny!) just got an overexposure as the Rolling Stone's first ever global cover star, what about all other Brits with an amazing fashion-style?!!

Skepta (who is super sexy and has a completely unique style), Josh O'Connor (who has a great appreciation for craft and and whose style reflects it. Plus, he just won the award for Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series at the 73rd Emmy Awards!), Daniel Craig (whose personal style is timeless and whose impeccably cut pieces give him a contemporary British look)...

Even Gigi Hadid's baby daddy (okay, maybe he isn't that active lately, but at least she has a *NEW* boyfriend! :D) would be a 10 times better choice than this.

Alright, I was not shocked; I was let down. Is he announcing that he is gay or something along with the editorial? This celebrity culture is boring
Paris Hilton on the cover of Vogue Paris was a shock, not this

Second cover looks good though

I have no real issue with him on the cover, I get it. As males go, his fashion choices are pretty stellar and he’s certainly someone most females I think is cool, and not just in the finding him attractive way.

All that being said, I think the shoot itself is basic AF. I’ve seen all of this before and it’s quite frankly boring as hell.

He has been shot well before and I think he can look fantastic in fashion, but this is all just so blah.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vejjehejrh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->