UK Vogue October 2022 : Timothée Chalamet by Steven Meisel

I hate the main cover but love the editorial, they should have chosen a B&W image imo...

boring generic 80's covers : they are kinda bad actually.
Styling is AWFUL OMFG ahahah gosh : so costumy and cheap as hell.
Can't believe Meisel shot this actually the quality is NOT there.
Timothée's personality also recently is not likeable either: he sounds and acts very cocky.
Nope: it's a big fat NO for me and it's not shocking lol it's just bad.
All the photos are so bland, generic, standard catalogue.
Edward styled him like a fanboy, he doesn't look strong, it's a joke of a styling.
This actor doesn't emote anything in his eyes: like Alicia Vilkander lol.
NEXT!

The only thing shocking about this cover story, is how bad, and basic all of these images are.
Meisel put ZERO effort into this, as is so often the case with everything he's done, for SEVERAL YEARS.
Chalamet is beautiful, and his dead in the headlights stare can be ethereal, when captured by a photographer, with the right eye. Not this.

I think the two covers & a few shots are fine, but the other photographs of the first preview are bland & lifeless. I'm not shocking to see him as cover boy of UK Vogue, remember is not the first time that a man appeared on the cover of this mag.

For once nobody can defend Meisel.

Watch me!

Was I shocked when I saw this on Instagram earlier today? Not in the slightest, but I was caught slightly off guard. Instantly, I loved it. Far better than Harry Styles on the pages of US Vogue, because Timothée is essentially the perfect Meisel boy. A flamboyant skinny twink with sharp cheekbones and lots of hair. It's quintessential type of male portrait he used to do in L'uomo and later Interview or W. And it's good. I don't quite understand what the fuss is about here. It's grungey, the styling is good, Timothée looks good, the photography is good. What's not to like? I'm personally thrilled to be adding another Meisel classic to my collection, can never get enough! And I love the blue font on the cover, think it looks great. Shame I won't be able to get the Subscriber's cover as it's my preferred version, but I do love the colored one as well. Looking forward to this!

I remember Bono, Robbie Williams and P Diddy along models, so it's quite right he isn't the very first. Maybe most of the members dislike this cover because you can clearly see that his face doesn't look simetric. I deleted this comment, but well, I don't see him as a sex symbol, I'm not body shaming him at all. Anyway, I like the photos because these are so Meisel. I'm not about the choice. And I wish a more British and familiar to Meisel's work as Josh O'Connor would have been more right. To be fair, also as I said in the cover rumor thread, probably this was printed before the Queen Elizabeth passed. Next month could be really shocking in a tender way.

I was trying to remember other men who've been on British Vogue and then I remembered the Marisa Berenson cover with Helmut Berger. Yeah, Chalamet isn't really serving it like Berger did.

0566ab4ac680e3e0752807d56800ce2228dc8279.jpg

voguefashion.tumblr.com

The only good thing is the cover. The editorial is messy. I don't care if it's by Meisel or not, it's still bad.

The photography is weak and it gets worse when the styling is mediocre, no the styling here is non-existent. With all the clothes you can access and you still decided to put him mostly in sleeveless tank tops. Choices.
And Edward needs to chill and let other stylists work with Meisel for the cover. He has been styling for the covers 6 times this year already. That's a lot. I won't praise him for what essentially I hate about Alt and her VP.
When you're an EIC the magazine is already yours, constantly styling the covers just seems overkill, I rather have him put more effort to bring the quality of the inside contents because most of the time the cover story is the only good thing about the issue.

Mr. Enninful, if the purpose of the October issue was to shock us with *THIS* (and not something/someone else that was changed at the last minute due to death of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II - Prince William, for example, who indeed would be the most justified in carrying the title of "the man who for the first time in British Vogue's 106-year history is flying solo on the cover") - congratulations, you succeeded admirably! I'm REALLY shocked at how amateurish and poorly all is executed, despite the dream-team behind it.
No. :heart:

I actually like the covers because am a sucker for those cropped covers liek for the 80s. The ed is disappointing, reminds me of Gisele's ELLE ed

Jesus wept!

I can't believe Edward would think a man appearing on the cover of British Vogue would shock the world. Let the politics of that sink in for a second.

Can't abide this boy and never understood the hype around him. The editorial proves that he's not as versatile (sic) as he thinks he is. Every single shot is bad. Imagine fawning the way he did in his caption and delivering such bad shots. They probably laughed behind his back, fashion people can be wicked. :lol:

It should be Josh on this cover but because EE is campaigning for American Vogue this is what we get.

RE: campaigning for American Vogue

Is it typical for British magazines to release covers in the afternoon UK time? I notice American mags (including Vogue) unveil their new covers first thing in the morning, at 8 or 9 EST, likely to drum up social media conversation just as the day is beginning. But British Vogue also releases theirs to coincide with morning in the US, not the UK. This one was released at 8am EST. Might be off my rocker, but that just feels like the British Vogue covers are targeting American audiences.

amazing how nothing works. there’s only one shot I like.
this was shot by Meisel??!

both covers are mediocre and I actually don’t mind him.
he’s been a little exposed but not too much recently and I think he’s acting is good. I loved him in ‘Call me by your name’, ‘Beautiful Boy’ was fine and so was ‘Dune’. I also think he’s a nice guy…

oh Edward… shocking is your PR team.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amywhiffen
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->