US Vogue March 2006 : Natalie Portman by Craig McDean

So has Gemma dropped off the face of the earth? She only did a few runway shows, and now she isn't doing her usually edits.:unsure:

She was featured in the Model Secrets blurb about how she says that an eyelash comb is the best for getting a super-straight part.

here's the carmen ed, from jedroot.com

oau993.jpg

oau9h3.jpg

oaua7a.jpg
oaua9u.jpg

oauble.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
more of the carmen ed...

oauc1e.jpg
oauc5l.jpg

oauc83.jpg

oaucdk.jpg
oaucfs.jpg

oaucls.jpg

Good editotorial of Carmen , but the ed od Daria by Testino is the best of this issue:wink:

Nice March issue over all ! especially the Daria ed:smile: :smile: :smile:

i wonder whos on april cover? I read in another post that is supposed to be Jennifer Aniston(it said in the In Touch mag).hope not!!!!!!!she's just so plain and boring....I wish iy was Rachel Weisz or Laura Linney or somebody cool like that.no more Drew Barrimores etc!
best would be kate Moss or Daria,but since thats never gonna happen can we at least have some interesting movie actress??????

I'm just wondering...how much would it actually hurt American vogue to put a model on the cover?? I personally am of the opinion that covers matter less than people think they do as far as selling the magazine. I actually think that if they put Kate or Daria on the cover that the magazine might sell better than normal, because it's something out of the ordinary and people would be intrigued.

Personally, I like the way Australian and British vogues, as well as W operate, where sometimes they have models and sometimes they have actresses, but the actresses are usually classy talented women that you respect, like Cate Blanchett on the cover of Australian vogue or Reese on the cover of W. I think American vogue should begin to let models have a cover occasionally at least.

I don't get the obsession over one page of a magazine. Who cares whether that ONE page has a model or actress on it? I don't buy a magazine just to stare at the cover. A pretty face is a pretty face. With the fashion industry's current obssession with plain models most actresses are more attractive anyway.

Can we stipulate that celebrities are on covers because they sell more magazines than models and then move on with our lives? The repetitive whining has gotten really old.

I thorougly enjoyed this month's US Vogue. A variety of interesting features (Testino's 'Leading Lady' w/Daria...spectacular!)still has me reading...and not sure when I'll finish! The ads were interesting, as always for me.

Something of note that I appreciated was the bigger inclusion of models of color -- not just in the features but in the ads as well. Kudos to Vogue for an issue well done. Now, if we could only get Du Juan in there...!:wink:

"Strokes of Genius" - Snejana, Caroline Trentini, Lily D., Sasha

scanned by cestmagique, mundane facts and posted in snejana's and caroline's threads

Did you guys read Natalie's article? At the end a woman comes up to Natalie, says she's her favourite and asks for a picture. Then, when Natalie and the reporter leave, Natalie says something very pretentious about how the woman probably didn't see her movies, just read about her. Natalie, you're not talented, and you certainly don't think before you speak.

Are all the copies the same? Mine doesn't have the Valentino, TSE, or J. Mendel ads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->