US Vogue March 2006 : Natalie Portman by Craig McDean

I got mine today, and I love the advertisements more than anything.

Not so much the editorials because the beautiful clothes in unlikely places with the same old models is BORING even though it is beautifully done. I think this is the best of that type yet.

I also helped mine immensely by losing the cover. I can't stand her. :yuk:

I believe that Lisa Cant was in the Kate Spade editorial.

I actually liked the Marilyn Manson/DVT article as well as the Daria ed but as far as the rest of the issue went, it's good for the ads. My favourites were Kate Spade, Escada (with Linda Evangelista) and the last page of the Balenciaga.

At the end with the style section they had Hilary Rhoda.

Trista said:

I actually liked the Marilyn Manson/DVT article as well as the Daria ed but as far as the rest of the issue went, it's good for the ads. My favourites were Kate Spade, Escada (with Linda Evangelista) and the last page of the Balenciaga.

At the end with the style section they had Hilary Rhoda.

Lisa Cant? but no one mentioned her in their reviews.....:huh:

Trista said:

lisa cant isn't in the kate spade ads...it's a girl (looks to be about 10 or so) playing dress up...

kimair said:
lisa cant isn't in the kate spade ads...it's a girl (looks to be about 10 or so) playing dress up...

k cool! thanks kimair!

Isnt the March issue supposed to be the Body Issue or something?
or was it April?

Owen Bruce said:
No Karma for me. :( I did the dirty work! :P

yes, of course, karma for you!

everyone give owen bruce karma, he was the one who scanned the ed! :flower:

Last edited by a moderator:
ShoeGal4Eva said:
or was it April?

No march issues are always the international collection issues :flower:

ShoeGal4Eva said:
or was it April?

i think march is "the power issue," or at least it was last year. april is "the shape issue." :flower:

I really don't understand this obsession with actresses on the cover of vogue, bazaar...

I haven't read the natalie portman article yet but let me guess...she talks about the travails to make her new movie, the head shawing and how it was, you know, like, liberating, and then how her personal life isn't really anybodys business. Then the writer tells us about how she's really smart and went to Harvard, how she's really down to earth for being such an amazinz actress, person, so on and then finally were told just how beautiful, thin and stylish she is. And it's exactly like every article in vogue for about, let's say 3 years.

I understand that she has a movie out and I actually think she is a great actress and has a pretty good style but still, I wish these vogue articles were a little more varied. That could easily happen if they just started featuring more people than just gwyneth, drew, kate, madonna etc. I wish they just realise that it doesn't get me all stoked to see a new film with gwyneth paltrow or whomever just because there's a gushing, humorless story of her talking about her charmed life in vogue.

And aparently that's the same thing with models in us vogue now. Same faces in rotation..And please somebody tell me that there was a diet/plastic surgery article in there?

Sorry for ranting though, I'm just a little bored by us vogue.

Could someone please post the editorial with Carol, Sasha and Lily?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darvesh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->