US Vogue March 2006 : Natalie Portman by Craig McDean

electric said:
Boomer, if it took you a month+ to get your first issue, and you're in the States... how long until I get mine? :shock: I don't want to miss this issue! Should I just go ahead and buy this month's? :unsure:

Well, I usually get a second copy anyway for the ads that I collect and I have a permanent collection that goes back years; to me 2 copies is the minimum!!!:blush:

I'm going to check this issue out for one reason: Dita Von Teese's wedding pictures. I'm in love with the blue dress.

wait so daria is wearing a wig??

Not sure what photo you're talking about but she appeared on a Canadian entertainment show last week with super long hair. She was doing a shoot for Lancome.

Even do i love Vogue US i agree with peppi.I mean why always the same people i miss the days when being on Vogue was something and you got it only once.I specially hate when they put Drew,Natalie,Kirsten.Reese and other celeb that dont have great fashion style.They originally planed Dita Von Teese for the march cover but Anna changed her mind.Now that would be faboules.I dont know nothing about her except she is married with the M.M.But i love her style and all that rerto vibe she got going!Please stop feutering the same people when there are 100000 moore interesanting people who actually know something about fashion!

Boomer said:
Well, I usually get a second copy anyway for the ads that I collect and I have a permanent collection that goes back years; to me 2 copies is the minimum!!!:blush:

I've decided to buy this month's issue even if they don't send it in. 600+ pages is a lot to miss... and the ads of course :flower::innocent:

Maybe I should start buying 2 copies :woot:

ShesElectric said:
Not sure what photo you're talking about but she appeared on a Canadian entertainment show last week with super long hair. She was doing a shoot for Lancome.

which show was that? :flower:

Page 398

"I'd never touch an Azzedine" says Marc Jacobs. "His pieces never look dated, even 20 years on"

Uh oh.

Ridiculous Global Warming Fashion article, p 303

"Who can say if there is a relationship between the funky new shorelines in the Arctic Circle and the likewise hemlines that we have seen of late from Proenza Schouler?"

Who can say? How will you dress when there is no potable water? :cry:

mellowdrama said:
"Who can say if there is a relationship between the funky new shorelines in the Arctic Circle and the likewise hemlines that we have seen of late from Proenza Schouler?"

Who can say? How will you dress when there is no potable water? :cry:

I totally agree!!! That article kills me. What was Anna thinking - it was really insulting to read. I was enjoying my issue until I came across that article and it turned me off reading the rest of the magazine. I hardly buy US Vogue and thought I'd take a chance on the March issue but other than a couple of nice edits it was a disappointment on many levels.

Maybe Elle has a better prespective in its April green issue.

White Heat
Clean, pure lace transports us to Brazil- where, from Alagoas to Pesqueira, the local rendeiras turn out filé and Renaissance frills as cooling as a snowflake.
Photographed by Arthur Elgort

img01.jpg

Tropic of Capricorn
Yves Saint Laurent summer-weight cashmere cardigan, sleeveless shirt, and cotton skirt with ruffle down the middle. Vintage Miriam Haskell pearl cuff from Barbara Trujillo Antiques.

img02.jpg

What Big Eyes You Have
Moschino cream-and-black pleated dress with black lace bib. Vintage Miriam Haskell pearl bracelet from Barbara Trujillo Antiques. Right: Rochas cream column dress embroidered with flower dots.

img03.jpg

Net Worth
Valentino black silk dress with white embroidered lace bodice. Vintage Miriam Haskell necklace from Barbara Trujillo Antiques. Right: Dolce & Gabbana short cotton eyelet dress with chiffon trim.

img04.jpg

Getting Warmer
Ralph Lauren Collection vintage linen embroidered long dress. Right: Chanel taffeta trapeze dress with black top and ribbon trim.

img05.jpg

Getting Warmer
Miu Miu ivory eyelet coatdress.

img06.jpg

It Takes Two to Samba
Chloé swing dress of white cotton lace.

img07.jpg

96 Degrees in the Shade
Dolce & Gabbana long cotton eyelet dress. Right: Hermès Art Nouveau Fleur-print top, black lace top, and seersucker skirt.

img08.jpg

Each One She Passes Goes "Ahh…"
Calvin Klein collection tank and skirt. YSL T-straps. Right: Tao Comme des Garçons coat. Fashion editor, Grace Coddington; hair, Didier Malige for Frédéric Fekkai Beauté; makeup, Fulvia Farolfi.

"White Heat" has been edited for Style.com; the complete story appears in the March 2006 issue of Vogue.

LoveMyBoots...thank you for bringing attention to this editorial.:flower: Elgort's photos are beautiful. IMO, this editorial is worth the price of the entire issue.:heart:

I absouletly agree that editorial was excellent,wich just shows that Anna Wintour knows whats she is doing!!

I bought this issue off e-Bay.....:heart: the eds so much especially Strokes of Genius and White Heat, they are all actually lengthy compared to the shorter eds today. But I found the articles really dull :ninja:

Vogue US : March 2006 by Steven Meisel

Vogue US : March 2006
Ph: Steven Meisel
[sacan by my]
I find this beautiful editorial "Strokes of Genius", I would like to see the cover of this edition
01.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Liya's ed is beautiful. That's a classic style of Vogue US which I like. I regret not buying this issue. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
imjustken
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->