US Vogue March 2006 : Natalie Portman by Craig McDean

poesy

Reaction score
Natalie Portman has the cover, just in time for her movie V for Vendetta.

If you don't like NATALIE PORTMAN's shoes, blame it on the animal kingdom. A source tells me that Portman was recently photographed by CRAIG McDEAN for an upcoming cover of Vogue magazine. But I hear that stylists had a somewhat difficult time finding shoes for the 24-year-old starlet because she demanded that she only wear animal-friendly attire. Designer frocks like Prada weren't hard to find, but shoes were another story. "All the good shoes have some sort of leather," a source explains. "The only things they could find for her were things like ugly cork wedges." Portman's rep insists there were plenty of great shoes to choose from, including picks from Stella McCartney and a London-based company, Beyond Skin. "Natalie has always been all about animal-friendly," the rep says. "It's always no suede, no leather, no animal hides." In the past, Vogue Editor-in-Chief ANNA WINTOUR hasn't taken too kindly to animal-rights activist celebs. Years ago, a cover with 'Charlie's Angels' stars DREW BARRYMORE, CAMERON DIAZ and LUCY LIU was nixed because Wintour despised Barrymore's animal-friendly clothing. Barrymore eventually apologized and has since appeared on the magazine's cover, including the current issue. In one shot, she's posing with -- of all things -- a cow.

Natalie doesn't strike me as the type to back down if Anna decides to not put her on the cover... good for her for standing up for her beliefs I say.. I hope the cover turns out great.. she's one of my new favorite actresses

In VogueUs always the same people in the cover veryyyy bored, lovee Natalie but please stop to repet the covers:angry:

I can't fully comprehend why there is so much fuss over "V for Vendetta"?

IMHO, tHis is much better than Drew....

^well, it is better than Drew, i agree, but still - ALWAYS the same celebs on the cover, i'm soooo tired of it!!!

Oh, goody! Another magazine that hits the trash after I get all the ads out. :rolleyes:

Natalie is better than SJP and forgot-her-name-last-march-covergirl . So much better. Please US Vogue, do justice for her.

Now that she has her pixie cut, and it was just shot, im a bit disappointed. i kinda wanted a photoshoot with her buzz cut.

But I hope they don't give her a wig. The buzz cut is so cool.

I know it's still early, but is there any word on the Caroline Trentini, Lily Donaldson, Gemma Ward editorial(s)? Given this magazine's variety, I'm sure they'll be there.

Last edited by a moderator:
dita von teese's wedding feature will be in this issue, according to her thread, so that's something to look forward to, for me at least. :flower:

ooh.. I thought Dita got the cover of the Feb mag.. I guess not.. I'm sort of late.

Hey, don't be dissapointed. You complain about US Vogue Covers every month. And you exactly know, that you won't see a model!
As long as Wintour is a chief, we won't see a model, just recycled "celebrities" covers and boring articles. For example - Drew Barrymore is a great actress, she is making good movies and she have fahion taste...
Wintour is not interested in fashion, just sells and more money! And she is obsessed with furs and don't have tolerance for people, who don't appreciate wearing dead bodies...

Thank God, it's not Anniston, or Barrymore again...

I'm actually looking forward to the Natalie Portman cover.. I'm a fan! I just hope they don't totally bland her out on the cover.. like they've been known to do to other celebs..

Years ago, a cover with 'Charlie's Angels' stars DREW BARRYMORE, CAMERON DIAZ and LUCY LIU was nixed because Wintour despised Barrymore's animal-friendly clothing.

WTF?! So Anna Wintour doesn't just endorse murdering animals, she LOVES it! This is so sick!

She has some kind of very sick opnion about that issue... And a terrible haircut. :innocent:

polka_dot said:
I know it's still early, but is there any word on the Caroline Trentini, Lily Donaldson, Gemma Ward editorial(s)? Given this magazine's variety, I'm sure they'll be there.

:lol:

thank you!

US Vogue is such a snoozefest - same old models every time!

boring and a bit fascist, if you ask me!

i dont get this whole animal friendly thing. they wont wear leather but they will wear silk and wool

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakuskoangel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->