US Vogue March 2006 : Natalie Portman by Craig McDean

taper jean girl said:
wait so daria is wearing a wig??

(please say yes. please say yes)

she's been appearing on the runways with long hair so i'm gonna go with a yes that is a wig :wink:

Is this an ed or an ad? I can't seem to find it.

ET Goes Hollywood For Vogue!
February 20, 2006
MARY HART as a Golden Era siren! MARK STEINES as a super-slick 'Gigolo'! VANESSA MINNILLO's 'Flashdance' flashback! JANN CARL and KEVIN FRAZIER's 'Pulp Fiction' fantasy! We go inside the most glamorous Vogue magazine shoot ever! It's a tribute to Oscar® stars past!
The ET team -- who normally bring you the stars -- dressed up as their favorite movie characters for the sleek photo spread in the pages of the upcoming Vogue, on newsstands Tuesday, February 21.
"They said, 'Who would you like to portray for this photo shoot?'" Mary says. "The whole notion of portraying your favorite, or someone whose character or role stands out in your mind, is KIM BASINGER in 'L.A. Confidential' because I thought it was old Hollywood glamour."
From the stunning slip dress provided by JC Penney to the 1940s 'do to the ever-memorable red lips, Mary endures the long, but pampering process of getting made up as the Academy Award winner.
"I am ready for the next stop, this one only took an hour and 20 minutes -- and that was just hair and we aren't even done," she says. "Into the makeup room for beautification process number two!"
At the end of the makeup job it's one final touch to turn her into Basinger's Lynn Bracken -- the ruby red lips! "Now I have to practice the sultry look," Mary jokes.
And now the ET staple has perfected the role! "It's really fun because I've had a phenomenal team of people working on me," she says. "Doing a Vogue photo shoot is exciting!"

etonline.com

peacelover: i think it was only in the newsstand edition...a friend of mine has it...

and it's an ad (insert type thing)...

peacelover142002, I can't seem to find the exact page (or whether it's actually in Vogue that I saw it) but I remember seeing something like that... I'll try to take another look

I can't believe I wasted 5 bucks- I wasn't even impressed with the Daria ed... :ninja:

I thought it was in Elle but apparently it was in Vogue (newstand issue for me). Page 333... :flower:

kimair said:
peacelover: i think it was only in the newsstand edition...a friend of mine has it...

and it's an ad (insert type thing)...

Wait so there're two different editions, a newstand edition and a subscription one?

Madhuri said:
I don't get the obsession over one page of a magazine. Who cares whether that ONE page has a model or actress on it? I don't buy a magazine just to stare at the cover.
Because it's not just one page. The cover story is usually accompanied by a meaty ed. So when a boring, bland actress get a cover story, it means a talented, interesting model won't get an ed. Through considering the low quality of Vogue US eds, I personally don't think it's a great loos.
Also, fashion magazine, unlike newspapers or gossip tabloid, have a pretence to artistic creativity. So even if they chose an actress, they could at least make an effort to make the cover something special.

A pretty face is a pretty face. With the fashion industry's current obssession with plain models most actresses are more attractive anyway.
I agree somewhat, thought I rarely find the people they put on their cover anything special (Aniston, Barrymore, Paltrow, yawn).

And to finish my little rambling with a positive note, I will say that issue was OK and a nice and pleasurable read. I cannot be too happy about the Dita's article. The pics were simply amazing.:flower:

Yiwen said:
Wait so there're two different editions, a newstand edition and a subscription one?

With this issue, I believe there is.
(It doesn't happen too often with Vogue, though, right? I canceled my subscription long ago.)
It's not too rare to find a magazine with two different versions, especially with Bazaar. They always have different covers from their newstand and subscriber issues.

Well...This issue has Dita von Teese's wedding pictures, so it's worth taking a look...

Vogue US shouldn't even be called a fashion magazine.

i've definitely decided i don't like daria's ed.

I think I'm gonna boycott US Vogue! :doh: Celebrity covers, the same old models in eds OH YUK! :yuk:

i like the pop art one. its colorful and fun

the ed with liya and the ed with daria look exactly the same to me. i find them far more boring

Royal-Galliano said:
I think I'm gonna boycott US Vogue! :doh: Celebrity covers, the same old models in eds OH YUK! :yuk:

I'm with you..

i didn't like the daria ed. and carmen kass's hair was horrible in her ed. but i liked the pictures in the balenciaga story especially pg 514!

i must say, the only reason why i bought this issue was because of the "strokes of a genius" story

I have a question guys... I live in Canada and suscribed to US Vogue about a month plus ago. I still haven't received my first issue!

electric said:
I have a question guys... I live in Canada and suscribed to US Vogue about a month plus ago. I still haven't received my first issue!

Hang in there! It took me a month+ to get my first issue here in the Sates and I still get it about 5 days after it's on the newsstands!!! Really annoys me!!:shock:

Boomer, if it took you a month+ to get your first issue, and you're in the States... how long until I get mine? :shock: I don't want to miss this issue! Should I just go ahead and buy this month's? :unsure:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amywhiffen
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->