US Elle December 2006 : Beyonce

KhaoticKharma

Amour Comme Hiver
Reaction score
I don't have any pics, but I saw it on Access Hollywood last night... needless to say, it is the usual boring US Elle cover :rolleyes:

Off to find some pics...

Beyonce again? I don't get why she's credited as some huge fashion icon in America. Yes, she can look reasonably put together, but I don't see her starting any massive trends..

i dont even want to see the cover,but i expected anything really after the awful alba on the cover last month

ShoeGal4Eva said:
i dont even want to see the cover,but i expected anything really after the awful alba on the cover last month

I'm certainly not an Alba fan, but I'm happier dealing with her than Beyonce - mainly as Alba isn't shoved down my throat as much.

If any member of the Dreamgirls cast should be on the cover, it's Jennifer Hudson. Supposedly, Beyonce thinks she's gonna get an Oscar nom for her work in the movie, but everyone involved thinks that the nom will go to Jennifer. :innocent:

KhaoticKharma said:
If any member of the Dreamgirls cast should be on the cover, it's Jennifer Hudson. Supposedly, Beyonce thinks she's gonna get an Oscar nom for her work in the movie, but everyone involved thinks that the nom will go to Jennifer. :innocent:

Sadly, Jennifer Hudson probably will never be on the cover of a U.S. magazine - and if she is, it will be something like Entertainment Weekly. She has a beautiful face, but she's not rail thin and she's not seen as any sort of fashion icon.

But I agree with you anyway.

well, this makes me glad. because this means that beyonce didnt do the cover of vogue.

I'd absolutely love to see Jennifer Hudson getting the cover of a well known magazine, too! Hopefully she will get greater recognition after people see her performance in Dreamgirls.

I can't imagine this cover is going to be too interesting, Elle covers are always ridiculously over crowded and generic.

I absolutely love Jennifer Hudson, the story is about her character but from what i'm seeing its totally going to be about Beyonce, unfortunately.

Anyways, I hope Jennifer gets good reviews.

I'm torn. I feel as though I should support Beyonce but at the same time I simply cannot stand her. I feel her personal style is very showy and overdone. She's almost always overaccesorized or dressed in something I just don't enjoy. There have been rare moments when she has looked nice but I would have to agree that her fashion signifigance is questionable. Especially given the unattractive designs featured in her House of Dereon line. I also find her to be rather insipid in interviews. I can't recall her every saying anything particularly interesting, granted thats not a rare thing with celebs nowadays but I wish she wasn't so bland. She's a very pretty girl but I just cannot feel goodwill towards her.

Anyway at least this means she isn't on the cover of Vogue.

i don't mind seeing Beyonce in a new photoshoot!

lucy92 said:
well, this makes me glad. because this means that beyonce didnt do the cover of vogue.

well, she might still make the jan vogue cover....:innocent:

:yuk:

That is super tacky, even for a Elle cover. That makes the Alba cover look classy. :innocent:

Lots of cleavage from what I can see... and Beyonce in pink? That doesn't seem her to me...

I always liked US Elle, but over the past while, it's as if the magazine become an empty shell - with the words on the cover increasing in inverse proportion to the amount of interesting content inside.

OK, the cover sucks, as usual, but Elle is always the leader of the pack in terms of interesting articles.

And the cover says there'll be an article, possibly even an ed, with Elle MacPherson!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mattbaggwanders
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->