US Elle July 2009 : Gwen Stefani by Carter Smith

tarsha

Reaction score
There are questions about Gwen's life and career on elle.com.

I answered them and on last page was written :

Pick up the July issue of ELLE to brush up on the stylish singer.

Read up on ELLE’s July cover girl and then try your luck again.

So, Gwen is on the cover, like it was rumored.

see here and here

But what is the point of creating a thread without any of new pictures, let alone a cover shot when the reason and purpose of one is so we can discuss and tallk about the cover?

I dont get it, is it just so YOU can create a thread? Does it mean so much to you? I'm sorry if that is harsh, but i don't understand, i find it ridiculous and wish there was a rule like in the past when threads were created only after we got the cover image, and rumor, or simple confirmation was not enough.In my opinion it brings the level of this forum down.

And you can see many Vogue Paris & Us Vogue threads, which are opened without covers. And 10 pages discussion without cover.

If it's problem Miss Dalloway, mods can delete it.

^^Oh i'm not saying its a problem, this is just my opinion. I dont see the point, and its quite different than when VI and VP is created, since obviously everyone on TFS is excited over the news about which model scored those blue chip covers, and usually there is also a review, so you actually have something to comment about.

We know who will be on the cover of Allure month ahead, but it would be pointless to create a thread for it without previews.There were candids of Gwen on the set of the photoshoot so there is no surprise she is on the cover either.

^ but Elle is more popular than Allure. And we can't compare this two magazines.

And I was about Us Vogue, where are celebs in most covers like Elle. :flower:

Last edited by a moderator:
Shouldn't that info on the 1st post be on the cover rumor thread?

Anyway, i hope we will get to see the cover asap.
and if Gwen is on the cover, i hope she will say that's she's going to come back to the No Doubts :meow:

Sorry, if I made offence.
Mods, if you think this thread should be closed, please close.

Sorry, Again.

I don't see a problem with opening a thread without the cover. Once it gets out, someone will post it and that's it. No big deal.

Thanks for the heads up tarsha. Now I'm actually looking forward to this issue. :wink:

i actually saw this cover. it's a gray background. let me try to go find it....

EDIT: I was mistaken. The cover I saw was for Bazaar. Sorry guys. :(

and Filipe, Gwen has already announced she's back with No Doubt, they even preformed on Gossip Girl

I don't have a problem as such with topics being created without any images, but with just the confirmation of the cover model and photogs/edits.

HOWEVER I do find it annoying when a thread gets to 10 pages or so without any cover image to speak of.
I definitely think it'd be a good idea to only allow threads to be opened when paired with a cover image.

The magazine forum rules state that it is perfectly fine to start a thread w/out the cover image if the information is from a reliable source. I certainly understand that some of you would like to see a cover image when the thread is opened & I will bring it up to the other mods for discussion. This thread will remain open for now.

Thank you everyone.

I don't see a problem with opening a thread without the cover. Once it gets out, someone will post it and that's it. No big deal.

Thanks for the heads up tarsha. Now I'm actually looking forward to this issue. :wink:
Well i think your comment says it all really, you are "looking forward to this issue" that is all one can say at the moment in this thread! I completely agree with Miss Dalloway, it defeats the purpose of a thread, which should stimulate discussion about issues, covers, editorials, styling, photographers.etc, an empty thread is hardly a productive start to achieve any of that.

I find it even a bit misleading, because when i saw the title, i jumped to see the cover, i was interested, and then disappointed to find an empty thread that just says Stefani is on the cover because a quiz on Elle.com said so, truly. So i just wanted to say thank you to MissMagAddict for saying she will bring this to the attention of the mods for discussion.

3 stars? There's no cover or content posted :lol:

i'd like to see how this will come out. I'm not a fan of Gwen, but she does have the it girl factor that Elle likes and isn't too hard on the eyes so i'm guessing it'll be a nice cover.

ETA: thanks Tinsley V for the link..her last Elle cover was :shock:

Why do all US Elle covers look the same? It really bothers me.:doh:

I don't mind a thread being started without a cover shot, especially in cases where someone has seen the magazine but cannot get an image, so they describe it to us instead. That info is better than no info at all (although it usually leads me to imagine a better cover in my mind than I later see in reality).

The last few issues of US Elle have had decent covers, so I have hopes for this one too.

Well I cant wait to see a picture because I loooove Gwen ! I cant wait for the No Doubt show on June 17 !

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olddonut616
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->