US Elle August 2009 : Miley Cyrus by Carter Smith

Hey! she´s not a kid anymore, it says so on the cover. So now she belongs in grown up fashion mags :rolleyes::yuk:
Elle should take a note from Vogue and put a model on the cover :ninja:

OHGOD. The subscribers cover is awful. But then again most of US Elle's subscribers covers are.

I'm not getting the subscribers cover at all. What an ugly mess.

I flipped this through briefly today, there's a studio ed by Richard Bush all I can recall,
for ads, new shot of Fendi and a very nice four-page spread of Calvin Klein Jeans ads

Last edited by a moderator:
^ I agree. It's significantly worse! I opened my mail and looked like this :shock:

When mine comes, I'll rip the cover off and look at the rest of the magazine! I thought Elle had made headway with Megan Fox but now this.

Review

Patriot Games
Photographer: Richard Bush
Stylist: Sarah Richardson
Model: Egle Tvirbutaite

Summary: Handsomely crafted studio shoot. Egle wears clothes by American designers.

Little Miss Precious
Photographer: Ellen von Unwerth
Stylist: Christopher Niquet
Model: Charlotte Kemp Muhl

Summary: Charlotte runs wild in New York City's Plaza Hotel.

Mad World
Photographer: Mariano Vivanco
Stylist: Joe Zee
Model: January Jones (And one shot with Donatella Versace and January together.)

Summary: January Jones poses while wearing Versace's fall collection. Donatella is also interviewed by January.

ADs:
Gucci (foldout)
Guess
Emporio Armani
Prada Eyewear
Miu Miu
Chanel
Fendi
DKNY
Michael Kors
Yves Saint Laurent
Bebe
Calvin Klein Jeans (the four-page spread as described by surrealseven on page 7 of this thread)
Versace
Max Mara
Derek Lam
J Brand (w/ Freja Beha Erichsen)
Louis Vuitton (back cover)

Last edited by a moderator:
In what world do you chose Miley Cyrus to feature on the cover over January Jones!!!

Thanks for the review (specially the ads) crosidan. :flower:

Here is Miley's editorial.
It is titled, "Girl Uninterrupted"

Shot by Carter Smith
Styled by Joe Zee

miley1.jpg

miley2.jpg

miley3.jpg

miley4new.jpg

miley5.jpg

miley6.jpg

miley7.jpg

miley8.jpg

miley9.jpg

all scans by me

Sorry that they're not HQ scans! But here you go!

This editorial genuinely makes me angry, the whole fact of her being on this cover. And her facial expressions anger me too. She just doesn't look good. :sick::sick::sick::sick::sick:

Those pictures do nothing for Miley. They're not good pictures. Nothing has come together on that shoot. Why did they make her wear those clothes (or why did she think it was a good idea to select them)?

If there's a celebrity I dislike or don't know well, sometimes a great image can make me change my mind, but that won't happen here.

the cover, cover, not the subscribers cover, has her bra exposed. if everyone freaked over the sheet in vanity fair, now what are they going to say?

the entire article on her was a total mess. it started out uninteresting and then ended up all over the place in the end. that is probably credited to the fact that women don't care about the goings on in a 16 year olds life.

i'm thinking about buying this issue. will it be worth it?

Miley Cyrus in Rodarte and Alexander Wang is lol-worthy. She should just stick to the boring designers like Roberto Cavalli and Max Azria.

When I came home, my boyfriend had my magazine in his hand, hiding it behind his back and made me guess who is on the cover. Miley was the LEAST likely person I would have guessed. Actually, I never would have guessed her. I nearly threw up when I saw the cover. She does not belong on Elle, she belongs on Teen Vogue or Seventeen. There is nothing high fashion about her or what she does. She needs to go back to Seventeen and FM radio. Ugh. I want to rip the cover off so I don't have to look at it.

I did, however, love the Little Miss Precious photo spread. It partially redeemed the magazine for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->