UK Elle October 2009 : Lily Allen by Rankin

here you go! sorry for the piss poor quality.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]
mysnap

Ahh, it's another blonde one. Looks good though!

Thanks a lot for posting it!!

I like it, but then I love the rocker vibe British Elle have going on with their covers these days.

oh do they have a high street supplement with it? i can't wait for it :P

ELLE’S GREAT AND GOOD: Deciding on a cover star is always a difficult move, so for its October edition, British Elle has instead chosen to embrace variety, opting for 11 images for a range of covers to mark its special London issue.

The move, to celebrate the 25th anniversary of London Fashion Week this month, sees Lily Allen shot by Rankin appear on one cover while Boris Johnson, the outspoken mayor of London, gamely poses for photographer Henry Bourne on another. The mayor’s appearance also links to Elle teaming up with the London Underground transport system, which will display posters created for Elle by British fashion figures during September. “Lorraine Candy [the title’s editor in chief] took what for many might seem like a huge risk. Who would have expected me to grace an Elle cover — or any other fashion magazine?” said Johnson, who also writes the magazine’s editor’s letter for October. Allen’s cover will feature on most of the editions printed, while the limited edition Johnson cover, along with ones featuring artwork by Paul Smith, Burberry, Pringle and singer Pete Doherty, will be sold exclusively through newsagents W H Smith and at Selfridges.

“It took six months to put this special collectors’ issue together,” said Candy.

The magazine will hit newsstands Wednesday.
source | wwd.com

Last edited by a moderator:
If a Boris Johnson issue comes through my letterbox this morning there'll be a yell that shall be heard for miles around.

Interested to see the other covers though..

The major cover is not my cup of tea, but it's defenitely interesting.

It's basically the Sienna subscriber's cover, but with a somewhat different blonde.

"Boris Johnson pens Ed's letter and features on the cover of a very special issue of ELLE.
This week sees ELLE's annual London issue hit newsstands. This year however it's a special issue for a number of reasons. Not only are we marking the 25th Anniversary of London Fashion week with such varied contributors as Burberry's Christopher Bailey (he edits Preview this month) to The Spectator's editor Matthew d'Ancona, who interviews our cover star Lily Allen.
But possibly most unique of all for a fashion magazine, London Mayor Boris Johnson has not only written the November 2009 issue Ed's letter but a special issue of the magazine has been created with Boris, not Lily on the cover (pictured here).
Johnson worked with ELLE's editor in chief Lorraine Candy on ELLE's project to celebrate 25 years of London Fashion week, , a unique collaboration between 25 of fashion's biggest names and the magazine to design 25 posters that will be displayed on London's tube system this month, ELLE on the Underground.
Read Boris' Ed's letter in the October issue of ELLE which hits newsstands tomorrow. "

From Elleuk.com

And here's the covers:

My subscribers copy arrived yesterday :smile: All the October issues are coming a bit soon for me, I've not finished reading all my September issues yet!

Also, it does come with a high street supplement.

- my scan. (sorry it's not the greatest!)

Last edited by a moderator:
i like that cover more :smile:

also can you tell me if there is anything about topshop/topshop unique in it pinkmartini?

I hate the subscribers cover this month, which never normally happens.

If a Boris Johnson issue comes through my letterbox this morning there'll be a yell that shall be heard for miles around.

Interested to see the other covers though..

Ha, ha - I would far prefer the cover with Boris instead of Lily :D

i like that cover more :smile:

also can you tell me if there is anything about topshop/topshop unique in it pinkmartini?

There's an article about the Christopher Kane collection for Topshop with a small preview, it's about 6 pages. :flower:

Here's the supplement cover if anyone is interested. :wink:

source - my scan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakuskoangel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->