Emma Maclaren by Thomas Nutzl

Broken Love Song
Kaya Scodelario (Actress in "Skins") by Steen Sundland

Lady Don't Fall Backwards
Rebecca Chandler by Karen Collins

The MIDAS Touch
Feature on Christopher Kane

Dangerous Liaisons (Interview)
One shot of Anna Paquin by Peggy Sirota (could be a reprint off somewhere)

Westwood: Artist, Activist, Icon
One portrait shot of Agyness Deyn and Vivienne

Elle Goes Underground
The 25 artwork covers to celebrate 25 years of London Fashion Week and collaboration with London Underground. (This is also what the poster is about.)

As for ads, I think there's a few new shots for Just Cavalli, Guess, Miss Dior Cherie Perfume, H&M (with Karen Elson).

... and thens theres all this random scribble (especially in Kaya Scodelario's edit) which is suppossedly artwork by Pete Doherty.

scanned in by me

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the reviews. It's seems a rather bland issue.

it is. i have read about half of it, the high street stuff is so disappointing. the whole london theme is boring for me too

I'm not fond of the contents of this issue but I love and adore the cover so much! The newsstands cover is lovely and the subscriber's cover is such a huge disappointment.

Pete Doherty
"This Charming Man"
Photographed by Rankin

scans by me please credit if posting elsewhere :flower:

In the stores around me, this issue seems to be selling really well, more so than any other magazines at the moment. They put out new copies and a few hours later, there's an empty space again.

i have to say the first half was pretty dull but now i've had a flick through the editorials and the rest it's actually pretty decent!!!

I just came home to this and found the subscribers packet to be really thick and heavy. Which is always a good sign.
I dislike Lily and both covers are awful. Her spread isn't much better either. She is way to overrated imho.
On a lighter note the content seems pretty good.

^ aww, what's to dislike about lily allen? she's adorable.

I just can't find anything at all appealing about her. Oh no. I tell a lie.. I've seen her with a few nice Chanel pieces and that's about it.
This issue has the potential to make me cancel my subscription. I'm trying to cut down on the amount of magazines I get and UK Elle is on the top of my list to be quite honest.
Yes they have some good covers but the content is usually poor. I've only liked one editorial in 2009 and that was Luca Gadjus's from the September issue.
This issue isn't much better. Pete Doherty? Oh please. I found only 2 pages out of the 370 to actually be worth of interest and that was the John Galliano article.

I Only Met Her Today But I Feel This
Ph:Thomas Nutzl
Model:Emma Maclaren
Fashion:Anne-Marie Curtis

Scanned by me

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back