US Elle August 2009 : Miley Cyrus by Carter Smith

Wow really cant believe Elle put Miley on the cover, she has done nothing to be put on an adult fashion magazine, this is really discouraging, the eds better be super amazing cause im really not digging this.

I don't mind teenagers on the cover of magazines. But Miley is a different case. She has created a career that is obviously geared towards young girls. She isn't like, let's say, Olivia Thirlby who has done movies that can easily appeal to adults.

I don't dislike Miley, although I'm definitely not a fan of her work. I guess, I strongly dislike her amazing pr team. She is being constantly shoved down my throat even though I'm not under the age of 12 nor do i like sing alongs.

Also I don't understand the "well Miley sells ad pages" argument. The type of advertisers ELLE should want will not be seduced by Miley. Chanel, Valentino, and Givenchy are not being bought by the same people who look up to Miley. What would be the point of showing your ads to a lot of people who can't buy what you're selling. The ads that Miley will attract will only degrade the quality of ELLE Magazine. Perhaps ELLE will get more tampons and lip smackers ads.

I lost faith in ELLE a long time ago, ever since they agreed to do that ridiculous tv show. All they see at that office is dollar signs. I understand that magazine must sell itself, but I pity ELLE for being willing to loose it's dignity to do so.

I dearly wish Kate Lanphear would leave there so she could move to a fashion magazine that truly appreciates fashion.

And I'm sure Alexander Wang is somewhere tonight crying himself to sleep by the sight of his jacket on Miley's body.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't mind teenagers on the cover of magazines. But Miley is a different case. She has created a career that is obviously geared towards young girls. She isn't like, let's say, Olivia Thirlby who has done movies that can easily appeal to adults.

I don't dislike Miley, although I'm definitely not a fan of her work. I guess, I strongly dislike her amazing pr team. She is being constantly shoved down my throat even though I'm not under the age of 12 nor do i like sing alongs.

Also I don't understand the "well Miley sells ad pages" argument. The type of advertisers ELLE should want will not be seduced by Miley. Chanel, Valentino, and Givenchy are not being bought by the same people who look up to Miley. What would be the point of showing your ads to a lot of people who can't buy what you're selling. The ads that Miley will attract will only degrade the quality of ELLE Magazine. Perhaps ELLE will get more tampons and lip smackers ads.

I lost faith in ELLE a long time ago, ever since they agreed to do that ridiculous tv show. All they see at that office is dollar signs. I understand that magazine must sell itself, but I pity ELLE for being willing to loose it's dignity to do so.

I dearly wish Kate Lanphear would leave there so she could move to a fashion magazine that truly appreciates fashion.

And I'm sure Alexander Wang is somewhere tonight crying himself to sleep by the sight of his jacket on Miley's body.

:lol: Ouch ...

Um, she's showing more cleavage than Megan Fox did, not only is that gross its beyond ironic

I actually think she looks nice on the cover - it's the best I've ever seen her look anyway.
But that's not to say I think she should be on the cover of ELLE. I don't see why a 30-year-old woman would want to read about a Disney star who is targeted at 12-year-olds and under.

ELLE UK has much stronger covers I think.

That's terrible!

Miley is not a woman, she belongs in Dolly at best.

Is that actually cleavage? A horrible issue! :yuk:

:sick: horrible choice on a cover!

Last edited by a moderator:
by putting her in a push up bra and thight high boots does not make her a woman and therefore she should not be on the cover...

:yuk: Miley Cyrus is a jerk. I cant swear on here otherwise I'd call her something else. I cant stand that little girl.

I actually think she looks nice on the cover - it's the best I've ever seen her look anyway.
But that's not to say I think she should be on the cover of ELLE. I don't see why a 30-year-old woman would want to read about a Disney star who is targeted at 12-year-olds and under.
I'm so agreed.
I actually like cover, if I forget everything I know about her because I don't find interesting at all, the cover looks pretty good. She looks very nice, her hair and make up is good, she looks girlish but still little bit sexy. Also preview pic from ed looks great. She looks so much better than usually, maybe I then love photoshop, I couldn't guess :D

I hate miley but i have to say that this is the best i've seen her... although I don't get why elle? it does not make sense....

I'm over the whole age thing. We put Gemma Ward on the cover of Vogue when she was 16 and she certainly didn't look old. Of course, she wasn't a Disney role model, but it's not like anyone had trouble with putting teens on non-teen magazines before. It's that she's associated with teens who, by the way, buy Elle/Cosmo/Glamour. Their audience may not be 17 year olds, but a lot of teens do buy/read them, especially Cosmo (yeah, I know). Not everyone reads Seventeen.

This is a pretty sexy shoot for a 16 year old Disney star (cleavage shot, those boots). That stirs up controversy, which sells magazines (Vanity Fair, anyone?). Not hard to see why she's on the cover.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->