Styled by Bill Mullen
Modeled by Rosanne (Ford)

Scanned by me

"Walk This Way"
Photographed by Daniel Riera
Styled by Mel Ottenberg

Scanned by me

thank you for all the scans seanutbutter:flower:

this issue of Elle (minus the Lohan) is the best issue in years. Joe Zee should be quite pleased with himself...I look forward to more:heart:

"Kaiser Karl"
Illustrated by Ruben Toledo
Photographed by Karl Lagerfeld

Scanned by me

"Bright Young Things"
Photographed by Matthias Vriens
Styled by Samuel Francois
Models: Georgina Grenville (IMG), Eric Bivoino (Nous Models)

*Please do not quote images*

Scanned by me

Sorry for the delay, I'm feeling especially slow today.

Thanks for scaning this edir very amazing thanks :flower:

Last edited by a moderator:
I am really tired of this girl, in Hollywood is always the same unhappy ending for all the teenagers girl, and she is not an exception. Really boring, but you can't expect a lot from US Elle lately...

source | gawker (edited a bit by MMA:(innocent::lol::flower:

Elle Magazine : Now the Prettiest Girl on the Fashion Mag Block

I am an outrageously partial reader when it comes to Elle. Which, uh, sorta happens when the magazine was your first post-college professional experience. However I will say in all sincerity and honesty: The newly redesigned Elle? Absolutely gorgeous. Though small changes had been made to the magazine following the installation of new creative director Joe Zee back in February, this, the September issue, is the first to exhibit the full Zee effect. My conclusion? Divine.

The cover: Where once a Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat sensibility used to dominate, the new (scandalous, Lindsay Lohan!) cover has been pared down: The gold lettering of the title is replicated in some of the coverlines, offset by other ones in always-fashionable black and set against the traditional solid white Elle background, making for a strong statement of sophistication. It practically makes Lohan look classy.

The FOB (front-of-the-book:( Once opened, the first thing that jumps out is the change in typeface given to the magazine's page numbers at the bottom of each page, as well as accompanying text repeating the name of the magazine and where to find it on the web. (Is there anything that exists without accompanying URL anymore?) It's a small detail, yes, but one with a great impact. As for the FOB fashion pages themselves, where they were once muddled collages, they are now sleek and Euro-minded, making for much easier reading and causing me, at least, to occasionally confuse the magazine with one of my favorite fashion rags, French Vogue.

The fashion spreads: Here is where one sees the biggest change in the new and improved Elle, and everything -- the styling, the photography, the concepts, the narratives -- is exceptional. In fact, the opening fashion spread, "Bright Young Things", is so effective it compelled me to do something I have never ever not ever done before: Haul my *** to a store to buy something the day I saw it in a magazine. (Prada shoes. The price? Yeah, don't ask.) The story on Charlotte Gainsbourg, "Charlotte, je 'taime", is equally awe-inspiring. And the "Made in America" feature was styled by Mr. Zee himself, encompassing the same cool, sporty, all-American style seen in his advertising work. (An honorable mention goes to Mr. Zee's work in Lohan's photospread) All of it is hilarious and fresh and young and smart and contemporary: The things that editor in chief Roberta Myers' says the new Elle has set out to be.

The verdict: Exceptional. Gone are the redundant and increasingly banal images of the Gilles Bensimon years, swiftly replaced with the crispest, most relevant-looking American fashion magazine currently on the market. Because in the end, if you threw all that silly "editorial" stuff in fashion magazines out the window, there's no way Elle wouldn't win the beauty pageant.

I have to agree with all the excellent reviews for the newly redesigned ELLE... I can't get over how wonderful the changes are!! It's been a long while since I really enjoyed this magazine and just like MMA I am looking forward to more issues.... It has become a stunning magazine again!! :clap: Joe Zee!!!

I just wish they were a little more creative with the cover.... Since they decided to use Lohan at least they could have made her look her age and she tends to take good shoots so I am sure something with a little more younger fresher feel would have been better.

Re: Gawker article posted by MMA
In fact, the opening fashion spread, "Bright Young Things", is so effective it compelled me to do something I have never ever not ever done before: Haul my *** to a store to buy something the day I saw it in a magazine. (Prada shoes. The price? Yeah, don't ask.)

I wonder if Miuccia is reading this. You know, if the new Elle editorials have this sort of effect on viewers, they could play some cruel jokes on us.

Such a GREAT issue. I keep on trying to read the articles. But I find myself flipping through hundreds of pages just to look at the photos and layout. :lol:

I just want to say I am completely, 100% smitten by the giganti-normous Gilles Deacon scarf in this ed, it's also in bright orange on US Vogue, I want to buy dozens of it and line my entire bedroom walls with it. it's like a grandma scarf knitted by a giant. i heart this scarf. the end. :rolleyes:
Photographed by Hans Feurer

Styled by Bill Mullen

Modeled by Rosanne (Ford)

Scanned by me

I re-read this issue this morning. Overall, some very interesting articles.

I particular liked Ralph Lauren's quote: "It may sound strange, but I'm somewhat anti-fashion. Overly stylish people sometimes look wrong. I'm more about living- how great people look in the right clothes, in the right environment." :heart:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->