Interview February 2009 : Lindsay Lohan by Mert and Marcus

kimair

frozen
Reaction score
23ll35h.jpg

her interview is by lauren hutton...

Lindsay Lohan could learn a thing or two from Hollywood veteran Lauren Hutton — Interview editor in chief Christopher Bollen described Hutton as “someone who really understands that side of Hollywood, but one of those rare birds who’s gone her own route.” But during Hutton’s and Lohan’s conversation at the Chateau Marmont for Interview’s February issue, it was Hutton who seemed to gather new perspective. Lohan is the issue’s cover subject, despite the actress not having many projects in the works, save for daily spats with girlfriend Samantha Ronson. She was photographed by Mert Alas + Marcus Piggott for the magazine; Interviewmagazine.com will have behind the scenes from the shoot on the site Thursday.

Lohan revealed her frustration with her party-girl past haunting her future. “I have become this girl who just loves to be photographed, doesn’t know how to focus, doesn’t know how to work on set, just loves the attention, knows how to go out at night, knows how to party,” she vents. “I lived maybe six months out of my life like that, doing something wrong, and then I stopped. God forbid I should have ever learned my lesson.” She also said she’s hurt at not getting the same opportunities as her counterparts, like Scarlett Johansson, “because people are so distracted by the mess that I created in my life.” Surprisingly, Hutton sympathizes with Lohan, saying she was “hopeful” for her after the conversation, and gave Lohan props for showing up more prepared than herself. Hutton hadn’t eaten before their meeting, and then ordered a hot toddy at the hotel. “L.L. didn’t drink anything and she had already eaten,” Hutton wrote. “I’d say the 65-year-old me was whacked. I didn’t even have time to Google her.”

wwd / january 7, 2009

Interview isn't exactly on the pulse with this cover choice

Lindsay is irrelevant. She was fired from a top TV show, she has been promoting a movie without a distributor and an album without a release date, she is promoting leggings that aren't selling (while her publicist is claiming they are selling out), and she has been making money of going to parties and getting trashed with her girlfriend. Why exactly is she on the cover of interview?

I have no desire to hear what she has to say

Too bad Lauren Hutton didn't get the cover instead of this irrelevant mess.

Couldn't have said better myself. She must have great PR people who arrange for all these covers, but it's just not happening. She had her chance, she blew it, now it's over.

Lindsay is irrelevant. She was fired from a top TV show, she has been promoting a movie without a distributor and an album without a release date, she is promoting leggings that aren't selling (while her publicist is claiming they are selling out), and she has been making money of going to parties and getting trashed with her girlfriend. Why exactly is she on the cover of interview?

i agree

Preaaaaaaaaaach:D

just for the sake of quoting :lol:
but yeah, well said.

completely agree with you all! :flower:

the cover looks decent though.

pretty photo's though. I'd say the most interesting shots of her I've seen in a long while....

^same here. i always like mert and marcus's black & white work. they manage to make people like lohan look so much better than they really are...

I feel sorry for Lohan. She had all the potential in the world and then ruined it by resigning herself to the person that the media and public fantasized her to be.

Anyway its pretty obvious Interview is capitalizing on her highly-publicized image to sell their magazine, don't you think?

But then again - Warhol would have loved Lohan and her antics.

She definitely is a hot kitten among Britneys and Hilarys. I'd buy the magazine solely because of her spread!

completely agree with you all! :flower:

the cover looks decent though.
where's the cover?

lindsay and interview definitely don't mesh at this time. interview is just now becoming really good. and lindsay is still....well lindsay.

I am still somehow hopeful for Lindsay, so I'm glad to see she's working with great photographers (and no, I can't reasonably defend my interest in her... :lol:)

These photographs of her are probably the best I've seen. I can breathe a sigh of relief in a way: "ah, finally some class". It won't last I'm sure, but whatever.

This would be relevant if we were talking about other magazines, but Interview has always had features of gorgeous people who may not have something to promote, but are just photogenic, interesting people. That's how it was with Interview in the 70s and that's how it should be. It would be fun if they found someone a little more obscure, though....some young new star in NY that only the in crowd knows about....that would be the most appealing strategy. IMO, LL is very photogenic, so I wont be complaining.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ross640
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->