US Harper's Bazaar December 2009 : Robert Pattinson & Kristen Stewart by Mark Seliger

I know nothing about hair weaves, extensions, etc. but in those shots you see some major tracks on Kristen's head. Hope they fix that.

spzpe0.jpg

robsessedpattinson.com

I don't like any of these teen stars, really. But I kind of like Kristen Stewart. I like her mullet. And I'm not kidding about that. We're starting a new decade, it's nice to see someone experiment a little, instead of just copying the timely styles of everyone around them.

Wow, that blue background did a great job in his shots! Wait... these shots are supposed to feature Rob and Kristen? I really didn't notice them. In that case, these shots suck.

Normally I try to stay away from any discussion of the whole Twilight thing because they rarely go anywhere, but I'm gonna be honest, I really do not get how these two celebrities who are, arguably, the most famous young actors at the moment, are any more offensive than any other celeb on the cover of Harpers Bazaar.

Great post!

I stopped taking Bazaar covers seriously a long time ago because even when they chose a-list stars they botched up the cover with neon text and other hideous crimes against design. At least I can find some fun in this cover choice. The anti-Twilight side is just as amusing as the pro-Twilight side. Sometimes fury is funny! :lol:

i just noticed the hair extensions myself! that is certainly odd. :unsure:

Normally I try to stay away from any discussion of the whole Twilight thing because they rarely go anywhere, but I'm gonna be honest, I really do not get how these two celebrities who are, arguably, the most famous young actors at the moment, are any more offensive than any other celeb on the cover of Harpers Bazaar. People make it sound as if they're trashy tabloid-chasers or something, and make it sound as if this is Vogue Paris.

Wouldn't it just be easier to say "I have a deep-seated hatred of Twilight" instead of making up excuses about why? I mean at this point the bashing of everything Twilight related is getting to be as annoying as the hype. :innocent:

That said, it's impossible to tell what anything will look like from a bunch of outtakes. I do love Kristen in that McQueen mermaid gown though.

Props to this... have you seen some of the people Harpers will put on the cover?

I know nothing about hair weaves, extensions, etc. but in those shots you see some major tracks on Kristen's head. Hope they fix that...
:angry:
That's just completely unacceptable! This is supposed to be the best of the fashion world.
Tabloid gossip and speculation, actresses that give a magazine more exposure for newsstand sales; I just think it's so lame.
If magazine editors really knew what they were doing, they could inspire people with the fashion industry no matter who they featured on the cover. And people would buy the magazines.
People were inspired during the 90s with the supermodels at that time, and the industry thrived.
I just think editors today sold out the easiest way they could because they have no vision.

Hey, it's good to see them finally getting some publicity. I don't think the Twilight movies are publicized enough.

Normally I try to stay away from any discussion of the whole Twilight thing because they rarely go anywhere, but I'm gonna be honest, I really do not get how these two celebrities who are, arguably, the most famous young actors at the moment, are any more offensive than any other celeb on the cover of Harpers Bazaar. People make it sound as if they're trashy tabloid-chasers or something, and make it sound as if this is Vogue Paris.

Wouldn't it just be easier to say "I have a deep-seated hatred of Twilight" instead of making up excuses about why? I mean at this point the bashing of everything Twilight related is getting to be as annoying as the hype. :innocent:

That said, it's impossible to tell what anything will look like from a bunch of outtakes. I do love Kristen in that McQueen mermaid gown though.

youre right, this isn't much worse than some of the other covers we've had to accept over the years (britney, paris & nicole, i won't go on), but my big issue is that they are using this for them to "go public" with their romance, and guess what? it's already public! :lol:
bazaar isn't us weekly or in touch, they are a fashion magazine, that supposedly features prominent photographers, designers, stylists, not resorting to a cover story on tabloid fodder...

if it were a story on kristen, with her in mcqueen, phi, alex wang, i don't think anyone would be complaining...
and we've already seen from the pics, having them both on the cover isn't recreating a fabulous a couple cover from the liz tilberis years...:rolleyes:

Amen.

Here's a few more variations of the shots posted earlier. Personally I don't actually mind this version of the shot of her in Prada.

newmoonmovie.org

^The shot of her in Versace is pretty great, though she's a bit too young to be styled like that.

Jesus, her hair looks spectacularly awful. So budget. What were they thinking?

her real haircut looks pretty bad right now and that's why she needs a wig to look "girly". but this wig is so bad! i really hope there is a lot of photoshop. :ninja:

Am I the only one who gets her confused with Evan Rachel Woods? I must be getting old or just lack much interest in these teen stars (aside from Dakota Fanning of course) but I don't understand why they shove them in magazines that doesn't appeal to their core audience? This isn't Teen Vogue or Seventeen Magazine we're talking about here!

But i just got to remind everyone of that horrible Jolie cover a few months back, so anything is a grade up from there!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->