US Harper's Bazaar December 2009 : Robert Pattinson & Kristen Stewart by Mark Seliger

It's nice enough for what it is - both have looked better, it could have been a better shot, but it performs its function, it pairs them together in a pose that suggests intimacy but wouldn't frighten anyone's parents. Personally, it means little to me but because I'm not steeped in Twilight hype, I can cope with the sight of this, and I look forward to seeing what's inside.

It's not the end of the universe, simply a cover shot chosen for its commercial appeal and you can't blame a mainstream US fashion magazine for that, in this weather. At least we had advance warning via the rumours. But I can also see how people could be heartily sick of this whole Twilight franchise.

I like the black and red, the traditional vampire colours, on a Christmas issue. Some years Bazaar likes to give us diamante effects in the title and so on, I'm glad of the change to that formula.

Last edited by a moderator:
is RPattz the first male celebrity to grace the cover?

i honestly don't know what to say about this. i mean, yeah they're like the popular young stars of today but why the hell put them on the cover? for what purpose? to boost the sales of the magazine? ARGH. this is ridiculous. is US Harper's Bazaar really that desperate???

another thing is that, i thought Kristen Stewart was Eva Green at first look. :lol: 'cause the way she was styled. dammit! but i must say the styling on her looks great. not that bad at all. though we keep on seeing the same facial expression all over the editorial. and as for RPattz, N.C. :lol: :D

I wonder if on the subcribers cover will be Kristen&Robert too, or maybe a model like in July and September...

I don't like it. It's completely disgusting. The thought of putting them already freaks me out but they could've at least made them look better than that. Terrible covers. :sick:

^^quite nice but i guess if RPattz did not look into the camera, then i guess it would have been perfect. :D :smile:

Tom Cruise got one all to himself, and there have been various male-female cover pairings over the years.

^oh i see. thanks for enlightening me! :smile:

How awful is her dress in the subscribers' cover.

The cover fails incomparison with these older HB covers. (Though the one with Ben and Sandra isn't that good either).

It's nice to see they were going for a cover with a male-female pair. But both covers just looks stiff and akward.

HBUS0194_00.jpg
HBUS0996_00.jpg
HBUS0197_00.jpg

HBUS0898_00.jpg
HBUS0199_00.jpg
HBUS0499_00.jpg

fashion-iconography.net

I like the cover only because it´s different from previous issues, for a "christmas" issue is very dark and the text complements the picture rather than clog it like other times.
I like Twilight. That said, I don´t like the fact that Pattinson is on the cover or in the story... this should be a Vanity Fair issue.
I wish they´ve only put Kristen on the cover, I´m interested in what she´s wearing (this is a fashion mag after all) and Pattinson seems more like an accesory and eye candy than a fellow actor.
The subscriber´s cover is lame, there were lots of better shots than that one...

Thanks for posting. I like the overall colur scheme, but nothing more.

I agree with you on the colour scheme, it's the only that I like as well.
The subscriber cover is bad. Just bad. Kristen looks awful in that dress, and Rob on one knee just isn't working.

The first cover is not that bad, Rob looks really good, but Kristen is a bit weird, looks like she's laughing at us... i don't know!!
But that suscribers cover is awful, the dress is not a good choice for her and Robert on his knee is a bit ridiculous, too theatrical.

Both covers are awful, the sub one made me laugh out loud, so forced. But imo she does look better than him, which is a first.

Bazaar has really sunk to a new low!

both covers are so bad i'm having second hand embarassement. some of the outtakes are much better.
i like the idea of both of them on the cover but this didn't work at all. but of them are so stiff :doh:

She's so weird, I don't find her beautiful at all...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->