US Vogue February 2020 : Florence Pugh by Daniel Jackson

aracic

Staff member
Reaction score
VO0220_Cover.jpg

vogue

Oh that’s a stunning portrait.

The styling leaves much to be desired, but its different for US Vogue

Anna must really love Little Women. Greta Gerwig, now Florence Pugh.

Photography: Daniel Jackson
Styling: Jorden Bickham
Hair: Esther Langham
Make-up: Susie Sobol
Cast: Florence Pugh

vogue

There’s too much text on the newsstand cover for my liking, but the image itself is just stunning. Florence has broken out in a huge way this past year and I believe this is her first major cover, so kudos to Anna. I think US Vogue has been on an incredible roll for covers since October, the likes of which I haven’t seen from then in many, many years.

Last edited:
Positively surprised! Every month I keep expecting a disappointment because that's how it usually goes with Vogue, but they are indeed on a roll. Loving this! Both cover and editorial are looking rather lovely. Very happy for Florence, she's a beautiful girl and her career really blew up in the past year so I'm glad she's getting recognition. With all these unusual cover choices I'm really excited to see who's going to get March.

I love the portrait from the neck up but that jacket is so busy...

on another note, I always have a hard time telling Florence and Impulse´s Maddie Hasson apart :lol:
Wan-Hasson-e1567725585265.jpg
thegww.com

There’s too much text on the newsstand cover for my liking, but the image itself is just stunning. Florence has broken out in a huge way this past year and I believe this is her first major cover, so kudos to Anna. I think US Vogue has been on an incredible roll for covers since October, the likes of which I haven’t seen from then in many, many years.
Yes their choice of cover subjects has been refreshing and relevant (to use that ubiquitous word). I hate when Anna puts an "obvious" choice on the cover. While Florence Pugh might be "obvious" given her success and talent, we have become all too familiar with the kind of choices Anna makes and the reveal of their covers had become a bit of a non-event. Or at best a game of let's see how low they can go. The last few months have been different and I'll commend them on making at least some effort.

Hopefully this cover will help etch Florence's face in my mind because I couldn't recognise her. She's one of those actresses who I'm indifferent to (add in Lili Reinhart). Interesting that American Vogue gave her a cover so soon in her career. Doubt this will be a best-seller for them which must only mean next month will be a hyper-famous subject with big social media numbers.

Will wait for the final cover but the preview doesn't appeal to me. The styling is way too busy and that hat is swallowing her just like the last one did with Ariana Grande.

American Vogue's back! Finally! Stunning cover and editorial.

i just LOVE that editorial and cover, Daniel Jackson is not one of my favorite photographers,but this time i'm impressed !
thank god it's a fresh face,she's beautiful!

I have to say American Vogue is on a roll! The last couple of issues have been delivering on good content!

What is this?!!! What a truly horrible cover, HATE everything about this! First of all i am, still not impressed with her as an actress no matter how much praise she gets! Not when there are far better ones out there, especially POC, she is totally forgettable! But i guess people are trying to make her happen, ok, that is fine. But this cover is just so insipid, it's not even an actual cover shot! What this image is; is the back of the book page filler, like they usually do.

So NO! No cool points for having someone new on the cover, from me, and Daniel Jackson, really?!!

So happy she got this! Styling could've been better, but still a great cover. She looks fantastic in all the pictures. She was sensational in Little Women and Midsommar.

Never realized how much she looked like Kate Winslet.

Florence is such a beauty, she’s brilliant in Little Women. Not too keen on the styling but as an image it is indeed old school Vogue and she photographs beautifully.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
l3db3l
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"