US Vogue February 2020 : Florence Pugh by Daniel Jackson

.....and the 70s inspired Marc Jacobs suit looks like an Anna Sui’s reject.

Now I can't unsee it! LOL.
Anna is really a ride or die fan. She's been backing him throughout the tough times and things are finally looking for him again as he just opened a new store in Paris.

Although I sort of like this cover and appreciate the simplicity and full focus on fashion, you totally took the words out of my mouth regarding the above.

I'm bored to death of Anna consistently fast tracking every 20 something white British actress onto covers that a black actress with two decades worth of work like Kerry Washington have never had a single shot at scoring (don't even get me started on Thandie Newton...Lord)

So when you see this kind of s*t happening, it's no wonder Edward is putting the likes of Gugu etc. on covers to counteract. And to be fair I have to take my hat off to him for it (as mind-numbingly uneventful as UK Vogue is).

Oh, and I liked Daniel Jackson's work in like 2010, but seeing his name next to 'US Vogue', particularly in 2020 is laughable and screams "budget cuts this month team!" at best.
I think it’s awesome that she is using new talents. That’s her job, discover new things.

Her, Margot, all the Emmas— they all blur into one another, a s far as Im concerned. I must be racist.

Agreed, hardly a surprising or refreshing choice for Wintour -- she loves a young bubbly/boring blonde. And she's been featuring UK talent like this is Vogue UK for ages.

Far more deserving and talented choices out there.

^Indeed.

I think the cover looks nice. I will say though, I have no idea who she is. I know that she's in Little Women (and was in a movie called Midsommar) and she seems like the next hype among the younger film crowd, but I literally could not pick her out from a lineup. Even after seeing these photos here, I have no clue what she looks like.

Another year, another white actress with a not so memorable face. So tired of Hollywood and the fashion industry raising up all of these clones, so much for diversity Vogue.

Must admit that I’m not as bawled over as much as I was with the recent Rihanna and Phoebe Waller-Bridge covers but I am ALL for these old-school US Vogue vibes which Anna Wintour has readopted lately. A beautiful and flattering shot of Florence, nonetheless!

Review (146 pages)

The Marvelous Ms. Pugh (11 pages)
Ph: Daniel Jackson
Fashion Ed: Jorden Bickham
Celeb: Florence Pugh

The New Crew (12 pages)
Ph: Ryan McGinley
Fashion Ed: Tonne Goodman
Cast: Kilo Kish, Hadley Robinson, Kelvin Harrison Jr, Alexandra Shipp, Jeremy Pope, Kaitlyn Dever, Jessie Reyez, Michael Gandolfini, Sonoya Mizuno, Tierra Whack & Hunter Schafer

Flights of Fancy (12 pages)
Ph: Nigel Shafran
Fashion Ed: Alex Harrington
Model: Bella Hadid

The Odd Couple (4 pages)
Ph: Autumn de Wilde
Sittings Ed: Emma Elwick Bates
Cast: Anya Taylor-Joy & Johnny Flynn

Root Cause (2 pages)
Ph: Ethan James Green
Fashion Ed: Phyllis Posnick
Model: Eniola Abioro

Easy Street (10 pages)
Ph: Bibi Borthwick
Fashion Ed: Camilla Nickerson
Models: Adut Akech & Kaia Gerber

+

Elizabeth Warren feature, a Broadway feature and Vera Wang’s duplex. Also no Gucci ad in this issue

She probably has the worst roster of photographers of all Vogues. Terrible review, I can see the photos in my head already because we've been seeing the same stale editorials for a while now, and I'm not satisfied. Anna's really lost without Demarchelier, Weber and Testino. They were her rock and the rock crumbled so now she's forced to rely on those random photographers with no artistic vision who have nothing to bring to this magazine.
Nigel Shafran must be one of my least favorite photographers of all time. That editorial with Gigi jumping haunts me to this day. Bibi Borthwick is not much better. Anna really needs to step it up and start building better teams, this is just sad.

I didn't know this actress, when I read her name along with Jennifer Lopez and other actresses who were supposed to be nominated for an Oscar, I thought it was some older woman, but what a pleasant surprise... She is beautiful and young! I like the cover, but it seems kind of low budget for Vogue US.

Anna's really lost without Demarchelier, Weber and Testino.

I agree, but we can't deny that she has other options like M&M, I&V and MEISEL... Even Steven Klein had excellent work for Vogue US. If we compare with British Vogue that uses better photographers, it seems that American Vogue has less money for it!

Nigel Shafran must be one of my least favorite photographers of all time. That editorial with Gigi jumping haunts me to this day.

Wait until you see Bella's ed... is on their web and is a waste of Bella's beauty and paper.

Wait until you see Bella's ed... is on their web and is a waste of Bella's beauty and paper.

Oh my god, it’s awful. I literally let out a strangled laugh cause I could not believe it was real. I almost feel bad for her, isn’t this her first full, solo edit for US Vogue?

I can only repeat what I said about a similar edit in the December 19 issue of US Vogue:
These days, with cost-cutting, there seems to be one studio-shot editorial in US Vogue that's really basic, but it gets sold to us on the basis that the idea is special, and it's American Vogue, so of course it's a cut above.

But for me, 'Bag of Tricks' on the same level as that nonsense with Gigi on the trampoline from the September issue.

I imagine there'll be more of these "white space, waste of space" editorials.

So that seems to be three times in the last six months that they've served up sh*t and called it content worth people's time and money.

Another year, another white actress with a not so memorable face. So tired of Hollywood and the fashion industry raising up all of these clones, so much for diversity Vogue.

Vogue had Cardi B on the cover literally last month, Rihanna two months before that. This "diversity" cult will not be satisfied unless no white person ever appears in Vogue.

Flights of Fancy
Model: Bella Hadid
Photographer: Nigel Shafran
Stylist: Alex Harrington

IMG_3189.jpg IMG_3190.jpg IMG_3191.jpg IMG_3192.jpg IMG_3193.jpg IMG_3194.jpg IMG_3195.jpg IMG_3196.jpg IMG_3197.jpg IMG_3198.jpg
US Vogue Digital Edition

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
effettovetro
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->