US Vogue January 2021 : The 'Vogue Values' of 2021 by Annie Leibovitz

I’m honestly really surprised by the Paloma cover. I love it, but isn't it too risqué for an American audience? I remember when emrata’s gq cover was removed from newsstands because people complained about it
Wow. I didn’t know about this. Why this happened?

I love this! This is definitely the one I'll buy (so far)

True that this is a bit risqué compared to their usual covers, but America champions the "my body my choice" ideal. If a woman wants to wear something see-through let her. Removing this from the newsstands will send a very bad message, especially to Vogue's left-leaning demographic.

Also, read her IG post. Gushing. Being on the cover still means something.

Paloma’s cover is the winner so far. I love the pose, the darkness of the image. Everything is working for me.

congrats on Paloma landing her second American Vogue cover back to back years. Annie is on a role. Not overshopping all three covers.

^How can supermarkets sell guns!?! LOL

A few months ago Paloma appeared in US GQ which I thought a bit odd because the last model they championed was Kendall. Anna must've 'suggested' they feature her.

I’m honestly really surprised by the Paloma cover. I love it, but isn't it too risqué for an American audience? I remember when emrata’s gq cover was removed from newsstands because people complained about it

Anything with Emrata should be removed from the newsstand on principle. I mean, Vogue had the common sense to give her a 'digital' cover, rightly so.

I feel like I've seen that Paloma cover before - maybe I'm thinking of Rihanna's cover in the Tom Ford dress?

I feel like I've seen that Paloma cover before - maybe I'm thinking of Rihanna's cover in the Tom Ford dress?

Oh yes, that's true! But what makes this one so special is how bold Vogue must be to go with such lighting for a newsstand cover. This and and Frances' one are definitely a departure for them.

Time for the Cover Challenge Thread folks to update their perception of American Vogue as easy on the eye and pedestrian.

The values Vogue is declaring as their mission-statement (of sorts) are worthwhile and good and I don’t think their commitment to them is a total ruse. Vogue has taken strides in terms of promoting sustainable practices, diversity and inclusion, etc. I don’t think that can even be argued, the evidence is clear.

And in theory, we should be living in a new renaissance of fashion imagery, with people full of ideas about how to make their mark on history, bringing us stories that need to be told in absolute technicolor, pushing boundaries like never before, making us see what's always been there, but putting their own twist on it.

In reality, Vogue's content is largely just an endless series of dull shots of people in ill-fitting clothes or badly-styled looks churned out by "creatives" and endorsed by "brilliant business minds" who clearly could not care about anything beyond keeping their own jobs.

Oh yes, that's true! But what makes this one so special is how bold Vogue must be to go with such lighting for a newsstand cover. This and and Frances' one are definitely a departure for them.

Time for the Cover Challenge Thread folks to update their perception of American Vogue as easy on the eye and pedestrian.
So far they are 3/3 with the covers, I'm impressed. I love how different each cover has been tonally.

Why? LOL. She's not problematic at all, as far as I know.
Oh absolutely, which is one of the only validating reasons she's on the cover, but seriously she does not bring anything to the table. I could walk by this person on the street and find looking at a empty trash bag floating in the wind more interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redspot
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->