US Vogue January 2021 : The 'Vogue Values' of 2021 by Annie Leibovitz

Naomi's gushing IG post despite the fact that she's sharing the cover with 3 over women? There's no way the Vogue brand will ever anytime soon.

Naomi's gushing IG post despite the fact that she's sharing the cover with 3 over women? There's no way the Vogue brand will ever anytime soon.

Period

Fresh covers for a fresh year but I wish Frances had her face out. The hoody looks odd

I like it, it could be warm or depressing ( depends on your state of mind ) but overall a good cover.

what i don’t like is the VOGUE VALUES again. Really? You want to start the year with that?

I hope a less famous and a deserving model will get the “model” cover if there really is one because we didn’t have an athlete cover last year.
Wishful thinking, but if there is a model cover I wonder if it would be Joan. She was very vocal during the protests and she declared to donate half her earnings to BLM. The industry responded very positively to it, at least it seems. The whole thing sounded very PR driven, but maybe this is her payback.

Wishful thinking, but if there is a model cover I wonder if it would be Joan. She was very vocal during the protests and she declared to donate half her earnings to BLM. The industry responded very positively to it, at least it seems. The whole thing sounded very PR driven, but maybe this is her payback.

She also featured on the gatefold of British Vogue's September cover while Adwoa got the main one who didn't deserve it.
I'd be happy if Joan got a cover. At least she'd fit in with the theme. I do believe she donated part of her salary in the true spirit of charity because it came out of the blue and no model had made such a pledge at the time. Not even the money girls like Miranda, but then BLM would probably be better off without her ill-gotten gains.

Last edited:
The tea is room temp and wasn’t steeped nearly long enough. Everyone and every organization has values. Whether those values align with your own is really the question, I’d say. The values Vogue is declaring as their mission-statement (of sorts) are worthwhile and good and I don’t think their commitment to them is a total ruse. Vogue has taken strides in terms of promoting sustainable practices, diversity and inclusion, etc. I don’t think that can even be argued, the evidence is clear. Though one could certainly argue that those values are implemented to unevenly from edition to edition.

That said, it seems nepotism, uninspired fashion content, celebrity obsession, conspicuous consumption, etc. remain Vogue values as well....

Last edited:
Vogue has no values if you're a Republican whose set of ideals this magazine has rejected for almost a decade now.

Vogue Values??? Who even comes up with this? How nauseating.

Like it but it’s too dark and gloomy

I’m honestly really surprised by the Paloma cover. I love it, but isn't it too risqué for an American audience? I remember when emrata’s gq cover was removed from newsstands because people complained about it

oh wow that's probably the best picture i've ever seen of her

This is my favorite January cover already. I love that it's she have kinda mimicking the Venus pose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redspot
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->