US Vogue July 2005 : Kate Winslet by Mario Testino

elysia

Reaction score
I already posted this in the Fashion Industry section's "Magazines" sub-forum, so if all Vogue magazine threads should be there, then mods, please delete this. :flower:

68bjtk.jpg

She looks gorgeous! I think this is the best Vogue celebrity cover this year.

I am a huge Kate Winslet fan, but this is not the best picture of her. She has so much more life in her eyes. The picture doesn't do her justice. She is extraordinary and I can't wait to read the issue.

i think that's the most beautiful us vogue cover that i've ever seen! :heart:

Well of course I would prefer models on the cover, but well let's be honest...that's not going to happen at US Vogue. So with that in mind, I really really like Kate as a cover choice, and the picture is beautiful. :smile:

This is really not a good picture of Kate, I feel that she is so much more gorgeous than this.
But I really like the idea of Kate on the cover, though the execution could be so much better :smile:

I guess I don't really look at Kate Winslet but that's the best I've ever seen her. Good cover.

I really like Kate Winslet but I think that's not one of her best pics. She could be more gorgeous

I agree her eyes look lifeless in the picture. She looks like a painting.

It's a gorgeus cover for Vogue US, but yes, it doesn't do that much justice to Kate.is there somekind of editorial also?

Kate looks beautiful on this cover!:heart:

She is my fav actress ever, I love from what I can see of the dress. She is amazing.

Thanks for posting!

I love Kate, so well, this may not be her best shot, but she is still breath taking on this cover.

james said:
It's a gorgeus cover for Vogue US, but yes, it doesn't do that much justice to Kate. Is there some kind of editorial also?

There is an interview and some pictures in the magazine, but I can't find scans of them. Perhaps someone else could post them? :flower: :heart:

Awful cover. Soo.... ordinary and boring.Not for Vogue. It look like a cheap and not good magazine. Kate Winslet doesn't look good, and I don't know, how somebody can make a bad photo of her. Maybe she is not the most beautiful, but even Sandra Bullock and Drew Barrymore look good (sorry)

Once again, dissapointment cover

I like it! I love the outdoors feeling so nice for summer.. I wish her head was tilted to the right (our right) a little more. I love Kate though:heart:

I really respect Kate, so I'm glad to see her on the cover. She looks gorgeous :heart:

She's stunning, but the cover could have been better. It's uhm, boring.

I agree, the cover isn't near as nice as Kate could have looked but I do like the choice of color on her dress. Too bad it wasn't a better photograph.

Thanks for posting Elysia. :flower:

As for the cover ~ Ehhh...I don't like it. Kate is a beautiful woman but this cover doesn't show that as much (imo). From the hair to the very dead look in her eyes its just not a good cover to me. The dress does seem lovely however & I can picture that the photographer wanted to go for a 'relaxed' look with the outdoor setting but relaxing is one thing looking bored/tired & forced to stare into a camera (which is the impression I am getting) is another.

I will still be picking this issue up though. :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LKLA2024
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->