US Vogue July 2005 : Kate Winslet by Mario Testino

love it she looks really pretty though the face and dress seem to be from 2 different photoshoots. the face is too casual for the dress but it all adds up in the end

Awful cover. Soo.... ordinary and boring.Not for Vogue. It look like a cheap and not good magazine. Kate Winslet doesn't look good, and I don't know, how somebody can make a bad photo of her. Maybe she is not the most beautiful, but even Sandra Bullock and Drew Barrymore look good (sorry)

Once again, dissapointment cover

I like it! I love the outdoors feeling so nice for summer.. I wish her head was tilted to the right (our right) a little more. I love Kate though:heart:

a pic from the caroline trentini ed (from models.com:(

68wyh5.jpg

I really respect Kate, so I'm glad to see her on the cover. She looks gorgeous :heart:

She's stunning, but the cover could have been better. It's uhm, boring.

elysia said:
A picture of the cover:

IMO it's very disappointing. It could have been WAAY better, with Kate and all. It looks like a celebrity gossip magazine cover. :(

I agree, the cover isn't near as nice as Kate could have looked but I do like the choice of color on her dress. Too bad it wasn't a better photograph.

Thanks for posting Elysia. :flower:

As for the cover ~ Ehhh...I don't like it. Kate is a beautiful woman but this cover doesn't show that as much (imo). From the hair to the very dead look in her eyes its just not a good cover to me. The dress does seem lovely however & I can picture that the photographer wanted to go for a 'relaxed' look with the outdoor setting but relaxing is one thing looking bored/tired & forced to stare into a camera (which is the impression I am getting) is another.

I will still be picking this issue up though. :wink:

Bad Issue

You know the issue is bad when the best editorial is the celebrity profile. Kate Winslet looks good in the pictures inside, but I can tell that she is extremely photoshopped--she's never been this lean and toned.

Best Winslet picture: when she wears this YSL dress
00380f.jpg

I hate the Caroline Trentini edit with a passion. The selection of clothes is the WORST I have ever seen. The only good picture: when she wears the Proenza Schouler gown with the vertical purple stripes. Everything else about this editorial is extremely dull.

I am not going to sing praises about Natalia Vodianova's edit either. I like the opening shot and two other pictures and that's about it.

Best pic: YSL
00110f.jpg

Worst pic: Calvin Klein
00330f.jpg

The Hana edit... Doesn't register at all.

I LIKDEDD!!!! this cover Kate are so beautifull thanks for posting:flower:

Last edited by a moderator:
she looks much better in the editorial pics than the cover pic. Thanks for posting

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crinklechiffon
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->