US Vogue July 2007 : Natalia Vodianova by Mario Testino

Justin's half-brother is is worth over £1 billion, and has an estate which has been in the family since the days of Henry VIII, so who knows how much Justin himself is entitled to. He may style himself as an artist, but he's a monied man in the old-fashioned way.

I wonder if they choose to shoot Natalia from the back in order to hide her pregnancy? I also like how in the beginning of the Poiret article, there is a comment by Jennifer Garner about the back of her dress, since it goes along with Natalia's edit. Garner said that she wished she could enter backwards, since her dress is just as pretty in the back as it is in the front.

Yes, it really would have....That Sims editorial is interesting - every shot with Coco or Sasha works, but I just can't imagine what they were thinking having Caroline and Raquel doing the same "expressive" style of modeling, when that's clearly not what they're there for. They have the great bods and should be used as statuesque models, but absolutely not in this kind of ed - unless they have the sense to pick the pix when you can't see how boring/awkward/selfconscious their faces look (I'm talking sunglasses, looking away, hats, hair/hands over half their faces - all that good "face saving" stuff). I keep wondering why some really stupid looking images always keep coming through in American Vogue...is there nobody to stop them? I'm sure there must be some images from this shoot when those two don't look like they're riding on the slow kid's bus.

I agree with both of you. Caroline and Raquel jumping with their mouths agape, just looked awkward.

Portfolio by Irving Penn
Model: Caroline Trentini
Fashion Editor: Phyllis Posnick
Hair: Julien d'Ys
Makeup: Pat McGrath

Vogue 1997
Hat Trick
Model: Carolyn Murphy
Hair: Orlando Pita

Vogue 1998
Model: Cate Blanchett
Hair: Julien d'Ys

Source: HQ Scans bwgreyscale

I wonder if they choose to shoot Natalia from the back in order to hide her pregnancy? I also like how in the beginning of the Poiret article, there is a comment by Jennifer Garner about the back of her dress, since it goes along with Natalia's edit. Garner said that she wished she could enter backwards, since her dress is just as pretty in the back as it is in the front.

Well the editorial itself was about the backs of dresses making a statement, so that's why all of Natalia's shots are from the back. Though I suppose picking Natalia for this particular shoot rather than one that has frontal shots was a nice, convenient choice :P

I'm amazed that it's July 17th, and none of us knows who's on the August 2007 cover yet. I've been looking all over the internet and can't find a thing.
Strange. Usually we know by now.

I'm amazed that it's July 17th, and none of us knows who's on the August 2007 cover yet. I've been looking all over the internet and can't find a thing. Strange. Usually we know by now.

Yes, Anna's being quite:shifty:about August now isn't she:woot::lol:

^^hahah yes she sure is,and lets hope the wait will be worth it,no Kate Bosworth on the cover! :ninja:

Let's hope it's not Mandy Moore...she's been on the cover of everything lately. She's cute and all, but doesn't seem Vogue calibur. Then again, what IS Vogue calibur these days??!! Who has a movie coming out? I was thinking Cate Blanchett but they may save her for later in the year. I wish it would be SJP.

Let's hope it's not Mandy Moore...she's been on the cover of everything lately. She's cute and all, but doesn't seem Vogue calibur. Then again, what IS Vogue calibur these days??!! Who has a movie coming out? I was thinking Cate Blanchett but they may save her for later in the year. I wish it would be SJP.

It won't be Mandy Moore...she's on In Style August

I am guessing Scarlett Johansen, she is in the new LV and has the Nanny Diaries coming out which is all about Manhattan and Anna loves her.

This will seem a strange question but of the few issues of US Vogue I own, I always noticed laduree macaroons, I heard that they were in every issue are they in this one?? I was looking out for them!

^ lol did I ask a ******** question? I'm still going to look for them though

Definitely great issue. Great eds. Natalia's one is great.

Thanks to my friend's mom who gave me this issue. When I saw it on the shelve I asked and she gave without any words. She had only this and August 2007 issues and now both are mine :D Also she had many Glamour & Marie Claire US editions but I didn't want any of them.

Last edited by a moderator:
I still like the cover, with its touch of Great Gatsby, and Natalia's face silently challenging you to dare to set foot in her summer house.

And the point above, about the perennial appearance of Laduree macaroons in the magazine, they're probably still popping up on the back pages like clockwork.

A Grand Affair
The Met Gala

*MISSING
Scanned by MMA

* One page is missing.

Does anyone have the David Sims editorial MODA Scans version? I have it but a few of the pics are missing and i don't want to upload them like that

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->