US Vogue May 2010 : Sarah Jessica Parker by Mario Testino

I don't remember those who said "such a suprise" etc coz it's soooooooooo predictable but as the user LUXXX said, Sarah sells well for Vogue and it's always a good cover with her, because even though she's an actress she's good at selling a cover and the public reacts well towards her so it's a nice cover and yeah predictable as hell when we know SATC 2 will be out soon; I actually have to confess that when I saw the trailer for this movie I was like "OH COOL SARAH WILL HAVE ANOTHER VOGUE COVER, JUST LIKE LAST YEAR WITH CHRIS FOR THE FIRST MOVIE!" and I'm glad to see I was right lol :smile:)

Really? People prefer this cover over her previous cover? I don't know where to begin with this cover...

First off, i hate the way her head is angled in this photo, makes it seem like she's disabled.
Second, there is too much text all over the place, it really makes the cover seem sloppy!
Third, she's way way way too photoshopped.

Last edited by a moderator:
This may be Sarah's third US Vogue cover. But I think Anna is doing pretty well, in not using the usual suspects.
Especially with Tina Fey for March, Jessica Biel for February and Rachel McAdams for January.

yeah Ok kudos to her for that BUT those covers you just mentionned are really bad I mean US Vogue covers recently aren't as COOL as they were before, and it's not by having new boring people that the magazine will return to its glory. They need MODELS better yet SUPERMODELS and work harder in editorials. Tina's cover was fresh and new but Jessica :yuk:

I know how you feel but Anna has to put them Celebrities or else the mag won`t sell the way it sells today. Do you think US VOGUE would sell millions and millions of copies if they put Rose Cordero on the cover. I really don`t think so. US is the land of HOLLYWOOD. And in fashion what`s important now is to sell. And sadly celebs sell globally.

yeah Ok kudos to her for that BUT those covers you just mentionned are really bad I mean US Vogue covers recently aren't as COOL as they were before, and it's not by having new boring people that the magazine will return to its glory. They need MODELS better yet SUPERMODELS and work harder in editorials. Tina's cover was fresh and new but Jessica :yuk:

Couldn't agree with you more. But unfortunately that isn't reality for US Vogue, especially under Anna's editorship.
We just have to live with the fact that celebrities get Vogue covers and yes, sometimes they are recycled.

This may be Sarah's third US Vogue cover. But I think Anna is doing pretty well, in not using the usual suspects.
Especially with Tina Fey for March, Jessica Biel for February and Rachel McAdams for January.
Its her 5th cover (Feb 2002, Aug 2003, Sept 2005, June 2008, May 2010).

Only Kidman (7) and Paltrow (6) have had more covers than her.

^
Yes five covers. Here are thumbnails of the others...
Feb 2002, Aug 2003, Sept 2005, June 2008

all scans by dfl-001

She's been on a few more US Vogue covers than I thought then. Thanks for pointing that out!

I actually like the casualness of her first cover, but I hate the rest.

Also, I didn't get to edit my post in time, but I think it's a bit silly for people to complain about Vogue US recycling cover stars when virtually most editions of Vogue recycle their cover models. Yes, they may actually be models but it's just as boring to see Daria or Lara on the cover of Vogue Paris twice a year, Kate Moss on the cover of Vogue UK constantly, Vogue Brazil using dull Brazilian models, Vogue Australia using Australian models on the beach for cover shots, Misel's favourites on Vogue Italia, etc. Most issues of Vogue are guilty of this and just because they actually use models doesn't make them any better.

... I think it's a bit silly for people to complain about Vogue US recycling cover stars when virtually most editions of Vogue recycle their cover models....

You're correct. I was looking through past years of Vogue US on http://www.fashion-iconography.net and Vogue has always had a small group of models that appeared on the cover every month. In the early 70s it was Lauren Hutton and Karen Graham. After that it was Patti Hansen, Rosie Vela, Kim Alexis, Isabella Rossellini, Claudia Schiffer, Amber Valletta.
In 1985 Alexa Singer was on FIVE covers!!! :shock:

I really don't understand why the magazine it's out first here in Brazil... It's the second month! I got it, its a really good issue. I'll post a review in a second

I'm not a fan of hers...the only thing i like about the cover is the color of the dress.......

REVIEW

America Experience (12p.)
Models: Daria, Frida Gustavsson, Karlie Kloss, Sasha Pivovarova, Lara Stone, Raquel Zimmermann, Liya Kebede, Patricia Van Der Vilet, Kasia Struss and Mirte Maas.
Ph.: David Sims

Parker Power (10p.)
Actress: Sarah Jessica Parker
Ph.: Mario Testino

The Dazzler (2p.)
Article ans just one picture of Taylor Swift by Annie Leibovitz

Brainiac Rising (2p.)
Article about Sarah Lewis - just 1 photo
Ph.: ?

Bright Star (2p.)
Article + 1 photo of Lindsey Vonn

Rhapsody in Blue (2p.)
Article + 1 photo of Rachel Feinstein

High Flier (2p.)
Article + 1 photo of Jesse Russel

What she saw at the revolution (2p.)
Article + 1 photo of Sheryl Sandberg

The art of things (2p.)
Article about the broadway play "Fences" with Danzel Washington and Viola Davis

Season of our doscontent (4p.)
Model: Karlie Kloss (just one shot)
Ph.: Annie Leibovitz

View From the top (2p.)
Article about I dont know what with Michael Scheen and Dennis Quaid (one shot only)

Built to last (2p. just one shot)
Model: Raquel Zimmermann
Ph.: Arthur Elgort

Lady Day (8p.)
Model: I don't know
Ph.: Steven Meisel

Americans in Paris (6p.)
Model: Daria
Ph.: Mario Testino

pages

Frida, Patricia, Mirte, Raquel :clap:
thanks for the review!

The content of this issue looks incredible. I can't believe some of the photos! And yet, I'm so angry that SJP is on the cover. I don't want Vogue thinking that I'm buying it because she is on the cover. :angry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mirrormodel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->