US Vogue May 2010 : Sarah Jessica Parker by Mario Testino

I love that woman, great cover. Much better than her previous Vogue cover for SATC a couple of years ago !

the photoshop is really great. at this very moment i am comparing this cover to a sex and the city poster i have in my room and they really made her look fresh and elegant. not as muscular and hard as she can look.

I think it's a lovely cover.

eventho i love the happiness....i hate the face's position or something like that.

My god when is Anna Wintour going to retire?! She's such a dinosaur!

Her face is waaaaay to photoshopped. She looks like Bette Midler. I don't like it at all.

:rofl: Blue Ribbon photo-shopper!

Hasn't Sarah signed a design deal with Halston?

I completely agree. Considering how miserably some of the recent covers have been shopped (I'm looking at you case of Nine), this is really refreshing. She looks like herself, just better. Good for her and the magazine. This is the first celebrity cover of Vogue I have liked in a while.

There's no banner on the corner!

oh my loooord... why would ANYONE ever want sjp on a cover? i know shes successful and all, so not starting any drama..... i just find her SOOO incredibly unpleasant to look at and just plain irritating:sick::blink:

i am waiting for the day when US vogue actually puts a model on its cover, not for the model appreciation month. when will it happen?

SJP looks fabulous and the dress looks great on her.
And I reiterate the "YAY" for no banner.

I like the colour scheme of the cover, but that's about it. Sarah Jessica Parker doesn't appeal to me in any way and I have never ever been interested in Sex and the City.

Also, I feel like such a heretic for saying this, but I've never cared about the banners that Vogue US used. I never thought they added or detracted that much from the cover, in all honesty and always thought that people made a huge fuss over them for no reason.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, at least she looks healthy in an attractive way - her waist is pretty.

^Last April...

Haha, true. And yet Gisele feels more like a celebrity now anyway so I didn't think she counted as a "model" cover. Although at this point in time, I'm not sure why people are still holding out hope for models. I mean...

Anyway, I think the SJP cover is too Barbie-ish. The head tilt, the hair, the color scheme. I dunno. I can see why people like it, but I hate it when a cover goes completely against my taste, lol. I know I shouldn't keep griping about covers but I have always appreciated a good cover and can't help being disappointed when I have to stare at tacky things on my coffee table. Oh well. Karlie on the Teen Vogue to the rescue! hehe.

It's a pretty nice cover. She looks very good. And I like the dress she is wearing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thtrfh65
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->