US Vogue May 2023 by Annie Leibovitz

I sort of want to like it because we finally have models but many things bother me:
- the color of the logo doesn't work
- the models' selection is DEFINITELY NOT Karl's choice
- the styling doesn't make sense at all
- the background took over the models
So yeah it's a models' cover / yes it's a celebration for Karl so I can appreciate this / but no, the end result is mediocre.
I hope the editorial is good but yeah it's Leibovitz so it will be a Photoshop madness. This woman is nowadays still here because of her name but not because of her skills. She used to be much much better.

The red carpet has really been rolled out this time, because they've scaled up the cover look for this special occasion from the usual "painters and decorators" background to "large scale renovation" WITH HEATERS.

OMG LOVE LOVE LOVEEEE

oh god... break annies contract NOW this is f'cking awful.. first off, leaving the space heater in the photo doesnt add grit to the image when everyone looks so f'cking photoshopped in anyway!! the lighting on devon is driving me crazy, the raw hair/mua, the choice to do like 4 silky dresses the styling doesnt read karl at all, the casting eh they werent going to cast his favs anyway but its silly they JUST gave his last muse a solo cover anyway lol i hate us vogue so much for this

I love seeing Devon, Shalom, and Amber on the cover. I was so happy when I first saw Shalom and Amber hugging each other like it's a true reunion for the 90s dynamic duo.

The cover could have been better. It's already "good" if we judge it by what Vogue US is today, but it still lacks something. It also looks like promo photos for AHS Hotel and Freak Show years ago. And that Vogue cover with BTS members, too.

Chanel Oberlin should have been here; Karl Lagerfeld was her godfather, fcs. :tearsofjoy:

I am in shock with this cover. It's actually a good cover!

I will start by saying that these are not "ten of the models that Lagerfeld loved most".

Well, the Instagram caption says "10 of the models Karl loved the most" not "the 10 models Karl loved the most", that makes a bit of a difference. I don't really know what he thought of most of them individually, but all of these models did work with him. He chose to cast them in his shows or campaigns or even photographed them for magazines. I can't imagine Karl doing that for models he didn't like, so I don't see any reason to believe they weren't among his favorites, even if some of his other favorites are notably absent.

Last edited:
I love the cover editorial. That's glamour. With or without traffic cones.

Reactions: KoV
Happy for some models chosen for the cover and that's it!

where are the muses of karl???? claudia schiffer, cara delevingne, vanessa paradise, inès de la fressange etc etc there were so many better people and choices put these people anna you b*tch not even a worthy homage to the greatest designer of the century can you do

ok i take back a bit what i said now seeing the inside story, it does hearkenback to a wonderful time in fashion, annie's cavalli ads that were really memorable.. but the photoshop is far too much, it completes defeats the 'grittiness' she goes for also, like she wants to contrast the glamour with rawness but then every model looks composited in the shot? it annoys me.. the designers did a great job and itll be the first issue of us vogue i buy in many years i think

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakuskoangel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->