US Vogue November 2020 : Naomi Campbell by Ethan James Green

What a delight to see Naomi, although I understand the frustration given the Epstein scandal (is my recollection wrong or did she visit his island?). She always will be seen as one of the most skilled models of all time to many including myself, and a pioneer for all the generations of models we've lived through thus far who've come after her.

I think they were going for a pensive message here... which I don't personally think translates all that well... would've liked to see her in command as we're used to seeing her, but I don't mind.

Should have been the september cover! She's a true inspiration, then, now and always.

Thanks god we did get a couture ed in the end.

.... what a treat on a lazy Sunday.

Agreed! LOL
And sorry to make this about me, but I called it months ago! This is the first time ever one of my predictions became true. :lol:

I agree with Yohjiaddict, this should've been for September. There's something 'iconic' and celebratory about the image, as if it's paying tribute to an icon. Also like the Christobal Balenciaga stillness and silhouette. Not Naomi's fan, but this is solid. She deserves it, if only for the ton of work she's been throwing at Anna since this lockdown.

My only gripe is that it's yet another grey cover. Come on, play up to Vogue's signature strengths and give us a location cover!

One thing though, it didn’t mention anything about the elections. A missed opportunity tbh

Fabulous, Iconic and maybe one of the strongest cover of her career!
I’ll buy it!
She is controversial but I’m against this « guilty until proven innocent » thing. If we decide to sentence everybody who at one point was near problematic people of power, we should cancel the global entertainment industry!

As soon as she managed to get Anna on her YouTube show, it was obvious that she would get a cover!

I like it! I like it! Fabulous cover!

Its not great, but its not terrible as far as US Vogue standards go. I'll take an okay cover with a real fashion model on it any day.

I just saw "Naomi" on the title and I thought it'd be Naomi Osaka, which would've been great. But Campbell looks good here!

I wish I could be more excited about this but frankly, it’s boring. The US Vogue formula just lacks life. It’s not even her closed eyes, it’s the colors, the whole vibe. I’m just left feeling... nothing.

Not to defend Epstein’s gross pedophilia, but the obtained list is still a very vague one anyway. Anyone in it may or may not have been involved in his criminal business. For all we know, she was just visiting without actually doing any acts of trafficking. I found the news surrounding the list blown out of proportion by the QAnon people who are obsessed with the idea that Hollywood is this one big, illegal sex ring.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zr90
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->