US Vogue November 2020 : Naomi Campbell by Ethan James Green

So the cover is already being posted by the blue-tick brigade but still nothing from Vogue? Also, that guy's tagline could be construed as shady. A quick glance through his IG reveals he clearly didn't like the previous covers this year (I didn't either tbh), but to allude that the women weren't 'real stars' is a reach.

Seems we have another Scully on our hands. I dunno why these old queens won't just focus on the latest hot muscle trade instead of running their mouth making baseless statements.

The one who posted that is one to talk about stars. LOL.

It’s pretty but it’s incredibly boring. The pose and the eyes closed does nothing for me. But glad to see Naomi on the cover.

Whilst it's obviously wonderful to see Naomi Campbell back on the cover of American Vogue, I cannot help but to feel immensely letdown by the outcome. Why on Earth choose a cover shot with Naomi's eyes closed? It's only adding to the lifelessness of the image.

I presume Naomi was photographed by Ethan James Green in New York, and I think it will only add to my frustration if there's a far more cover-worthy image revealed within the accompanying feature. Nevertheless, I am eager to see more!

No thanks!
Scandals and all: no thanks.
Encapsulates all I dislike about Anna Wintour's Vogue
There are plenty of iconic black models.
I would much rather have Iman on her first solo US Vogue cover than this!
I can do without Lizzo, and Cardio B and Naomi.
And still no Iman!??

that Naomi should’ve been cancelled long time ago due to all the scandals she’s been linked too such as: verbal and physical assault on several occasions... terrorising other models... the diamond issue... Epstein... well, it’s up to each one of us and our own decisions.

it is true that no one brought up these issues when she scored other Vogue covers but US Vogue despite what we might tell ourselves is STILL the most relevant Vogue cover hence why all the fuss.

Exactly! If we are talking about cancelling, it should have been done a long time ago. The way she acted for years was terrible but she was celebrated for it. Her behavior was never right and no matter how fabulous you are, it’s not right.

The court of public opinion loved the fact that she went to community service in Couture and laugh for years with the phone thing.

Contrary to what it may seems, I don’t applause her actions. I condemn the double standard.
I find it ridiculous in 2020 that people wants to attack her for the thing where her involvement is the most elusive when they had many occasions to voice their discomfort of seeing Naomi. Ok Social Média did not exist back then but if people are willing to bring her past today, they could have done it 5 years or 7 ago...

Seems we have another Scully on our hands.

The kind of messy gays that no one cares about.

Btw, gorgeous cover! Is very refreshing to see a cover like this. Is giving me the same feeling than Phoebe’s cover last december.

I hope to God y’all giving Christy Turlington this same energy y’all giving Naomi regarding that drama. If not, I’m going to view every person making a comment on it with a side eye.

completely off topic: what’s the tea on Turlington? :ninja:

It's an interesting cover for US Vogue. Regarding the comments, I'll say that you should keep this same energy for Stephanie, Karlie, Natalia, and all the other ones who deal with unsavoury people. You think the people buying couture are saints?

Lol I always forgot that Karlie is married to a Kushner.

“Not even to dinner with the Kushners?” will always be iconic. :rofl:

Don’t get the praise for me. This cover is so depressing and lifeless even it is Naomi. I’m not sure what messages they are trying to communicate but I guess there is none. No fashion no energy not even their usual political stan on this. It is a boring cover and rather boring debacle around Naomi.
She is not going anywhere regardless if you like her or not honestly. And she should not be the only one put under public scrutiny when there are so many more political figures who waive much much bigger harm than her are still free in the wild. They are just not on the cover.

Oh my god, rolling my eyes into infinity at all those pointing fingers, accusations and whining. So she's scandalous and does problematic things she may or may regret - who cares?! All these famous people do shady and borderline problematic crap, as would any of you if you were in surrounded by all the fame and money and problematic influences. That's nothing new. Naomi is an ICON and she deserves to be on this cover.

However, an icon like her deserved more than this. I am massively disappointed with the cover image, personally find it hideous. The eyes closed, all that white against a grey backdrop and that boring flat weave... please. It's terrible. Fking Amy Schumer had a better, more lively cover than this. They did Naomi dirty, but I'm happy for her.

completely off topic: what’s the tea on Turlington? :ninja:
you just proved my point smh im starting to think a lot of you are just hoping on a bandwagon or being bias. Naomi isn't the only supermodel attached to this espetein b.s. yall keep bringing up but nah go ahead and join the cancel culture for someone who clearly wont be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->