US Vogue February 2021 : Kamala Harris by Tyler Mitchell

Almost certainly won’t happen, unfortunately. I love her.

Diversity is always a positive thing. We're living in a globalized world, so there's no excuse to don't show this. And it's not only for black, white, latino, asian... Diversity means showing people of any age, sexual identity, shape, religion and more. The current crisis happened for the changes on media (internet, reality stars, influencers, the celebrity culture), the lack of creativity or good response to that, the digital era for magazines, the new people involved in the industry, and the goal to have great sales, no matter if the reputation or quality of a magazine is ruined forever. Diversity was the only good thing that happened in recent years. For example Karla Martinez de Salas openned my mind, I started to like all kind of beauties thanks to her. It's so bad to see that the only black model in magazines from the 90s and 2000s was just Naomi. The quality was incredible, but it wasn't inclusive.

(Sorry for my english. Everytime I write here I'm feeling like Demarchelier trying to speak in english).

Last edited:
Your English is terrific and I think that was very well-stated. Diversity is one of the only *good* things magazines are doing these days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nise
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->