US Vogue November 2020 : Naomi Campbell by Ethan James Green

Finally! Liking her or not, no one can deny how powerful Naomi is. I mean, do we really have another model who's been on the business for so long and yet manages to look so fresh/interesting for younger audiences?

This would look great for MET's 2018 issue.

Not sure what to make of this so far. Feels very random as of now, even though I love that we finally have a supermodel on the cover.

One thing can be said for sure - this is going to be a moment for all parties involved.

Looking back at it, i think she should have worn the wedding dress on the Tom Ford FW 2020 collection.

Icon or not Naomi should have been banned from fashion just like Testino, Richardson and Weber. She could kill someone and people would still love her.
The cover itself is forgettable.

Banned for what? Testino, Richardson, Weber and Demarchelier had legal actions taken against them.

You wait for someone to prove her innocence based on a list?

I hate the court of public opinion so I can’t support your statement...

Naomi has done enough over the decades that you don't need Epstein rumours, but people seem to have very short memories and a great willingness to overlook pesky details like numerous convictions for assault.

She's a great model, but also a very unpleasant person. I know which side sways me the most, so I'll stick to fangirling other divas.

are people forgetting she physically abused the people working for her? and the whole blood diamond situation with charles taylor?
she's not exactly role model material

I mean, both of these situations were solved on a legal instance while ago... It's not a matter of "forgetting" or not, the fact is that she was already judged.

I mean, both of these situations were solved on a legal instance while ago... It's not a matter of "forgetting" or not, the fact is that she was already judged.

Right, and she literally stood in a court of law in both instances and took the rap in one instance. Meanwhile of the 3 photographers mentioned, only Terry got pursued with legal action and settled out of court. The other two got away with a slap on the wrist.

And if we're talking ethics/morals, then I hope Kate/Carla/Elle's characters will also be called into question the next time they book a cover.

Stunning cover! I haven’t bought US Vogue in a long, long time - it’s so expensive here and the issues became too thin and the paper quality is so bad, so I can never really justify it - but I’ll definitely try and get my hands on this issue.

A little bit of a shame that we’ve had two full body shots on grey backgrounds in a row, I like a little more variety from cover to cover, but nonetheless this is beautiful.

That's a gorgeous cover, and I'm so happy to see her on it.
The comments in this thread are ridiculous. Naomi was not running a sex ring with Jeffrey Epstein.:rolleyes:
Flying on his plane, and visiting his Island is not a crime. Rich people hanging out with other rich people is what happens every single day, everywhere.
I'm pretty sure Epstein wasn't openly discussing with random people, his sleazy sex life. The idea that someone who went to his parties, or traveled to his island knew the intimate details of his life is absurd. She's guilty of nothing, but Prince Andrew on the other hand...

Naomi has done enough over the decades that you don't need Epstein rumours, but people seem to have very short memories and a great willingness to overlook pesky details like numerous convictions for assault.

She's a great model, but also a very unpleasant person. I know which side sways me the most, so I'll stick to fangirling other divas.

The reality is that what has kept her relevant over the years is the fact that she’s a great model.

I’m willing to defend Naomi today because I see growth in her tbh. Don’t think that her slapping her assistant or the blood diamond scandal did not hurt her career. The fashion industry kinda gently made her pay the price...She barely worked in the HF circuit between the mid 00’s to the early 10’s. She had some moments here and there, some campaigns with her designers’ s friends but she wasn’t as active as she is today.

I’m absolutely against this idea that anyone should a prisoner of his past. I never consider her as a role model but she is an icon in her field. She is respected, her voice counts and it’s great to see that finally, she is taking accountability over her past mistakes.

If we should say who deserves cover based on their behavior, Naomi deserves this cover of US Vogue more now than the ones she got in the 90’s.

not that surprised that Naomi got a cover especially after that live conversation with Wintour.

it’s an ok cover, typical US formula. it’s too similar to those VP multi-covers with Adut and Raquel. the one with Raquel looks exactly the same, so no points on originality for sure.

that Naomi should’ve been cancelled long time ago due to all the scandals she’s been linked too such as: verbal and physical assault on several occasions... terrorising other models... the diamond issue... Epstein... well, it’s up to each one of us and our own decisions.

it is true that no one brought up these issues when she scored other Vogue covers but US Vogue despite what we might tell ourselves is STILL the most relevant Vogue cover hence why all the fuss.

Where was this energy when Naomi was getting other Vogue covers?

Right? Generally I think now that American Vogue has become so political and politically correct the subjects become such a debate. Honestly this edition of Vogue has been political trash for too long, bring us back the days of Irving Penn, Richard Avedon, and REAL MODELS!

So the cover is already being posted by the blue-tick brigade but still nothing from Vogue? Also, that guy's tagline could be construed as shady. A quick glance through his IG reveals he clearly didn't like the previous covers this year (I didn't either tbh), but to allude that the women weren't 'real stars' is a reach.

Seems we have another Scully on our hands. I dunno why these old queens won't just focus on the latest hot muscle trade instead of running their mouth making baseless statements.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->