US Vogue September 2024 : Blake Lively & Hugh Jackman by Baz Luhrmann

I literally have no idea what you're even talking about, I just think she has no style and is not relevant enough to merit a September Vogue cover even in these days of fallen standards. Pretty much everyone has just been the her?? dot gif over the choice of her for a September Vogue US cover in the year 2024, acting like she's Amber Heard mk. II over that is a bit off base.

My comment was in reference to JPineapple’s post directly above mine.

^ THIS doesn't belong in Vogue it's...
Oh wait, 2024 Vogue ok, then yeahhh since we're at it : any of these ridiculous cheap images could have landed on the cover eitherway.

ANNA JUST GET THE F... out of here !!!

Oh wait, 2024 Vogue ok, then yeahhh since we're at it : any of these ridiculous cheap images could have landed on the cover eitherway.

I understand your option regarding the photography. However, that is not na actual fashion editorial. This title from the Vogue website sums it up better than I could write myself: "Swing Shift: 8 Models and Actors From 8 Battleground States on Why They’re Voting This Year."

There are now copies floating around ebay posting the actual magazine. Anyone of you have an idea how many pages we're getting this year?

I sometimes wonder if she has dirt on someone on the board! LAMO
Just like Kathleen Kennedy at Star Wars, even with the endless box office flops and the fan's disapproval rating, she is still there
From a business POV they needs her more than she needs Vogue…
She moves mountains and she proved it this spring and summer even more than before.

It shows 368 pages. Is it thicker than last year's September issue?

^Vogue need her? If "her" = Taylor Swift or Zendaya then certainly, but we're talking a hanger-on ('friend of, same diff) and B-list actress who's never been in a movie people could name without needing google and has no influence on the way people dress. Even the Kardashians would lose a good deal of their fashion industry status/legitimacy if Vogue iced them out the way it did Kanye, and directed their favoured brands to follow suit (Anna will never, that's a different matter), and the main ones are actually more famous and successful than Blake has ever been.

But if that's the level to which Vogue - the industry's flagship fashion magazine - has fallen, it's sad.

@crmsn last year's September issue was 370 pages.

August 2024 - Jill Biden gets a Vogue Cover - A week later Joe Biden has several blunders leading to him stepping down from the Presidential Race.

September 2024 - Blake Lively gets a Vogue Cover - A week later she is called out about the miss-communication and tension in her film and multiple rude interviews resurface tarnishing her 'Nice Girl' Facade.

Is getting a VOGUE cover now a curse? If so... Elon Musk on the cover for October?

From a business POV they needs her more than she needs Vogue…
She moves mountains and she proved it this spring and summer even more than before.

Hmm… although I am not a fan of Edward, I think he can easily replace her
Hence she felt frightened and organised the coup??
or maybe give Stephen Gan a chance. I think people care more about the Vogue brand than Anna

It's only recently they are finally starting to make a profit, for years, they were bleeding red
But at what cost, turn all of your contract employees to freelancers, more advertorial than ever (even the US edition which would never), sharing content among different vogues... most vogues have lost their plot and identities

So loud and for what?

---

Swing Shift reminds me of this editorial featuring models in their hometowns:

US Vogue September 2017
Homeward Bound

Photography:
Zoe Ghertner
Styling: Camilla Nickerson
Hair: Rudi Lewis
Make-up: Fara Homidi
Models: Amber Valletta, Binx Walton, Carolyn Murphy, Karlie Kloss, Sara Grace Wallerstedt, Selena Forrest & Taylor Hill

vogue

So loud and for what?

---

Swing Shift reminds me of this editorial featuring models in their hometowns:
love this story from 2017, Camilla did a wonderful job at styling, it had force
The clothes are all patchwork, textured and florals, they tell a story
whereas 2024 one is a mess all over the place fashion wise

Hmm… although I am not a fan of Edward, I think he can easily replace her
Hence she felt frightened and organised the coup??
or maybe give Stephen Gan a chance. I think people care more about the Vogue brand than Anna

It's only recently they are finally starting to make a profit, for years, they were bleeding red
But at what cost, turn all of your contract employees to freelancers, more advertorial than ever (even the US edition which would never), sharing content among different vogues... most vogues have lost their plot and identities
At first I thought about it too…
While I think the job of EIC is easily replaceable and I don’t worry about it, that level of power and influence, that capacity to push the Vogue brand, that very political approach too is an asset.
What she did for Vogue World in Paris is almost a masterclass of PR, self promotion, power display…All the authorities were involved.
I think Edward may kind of incite designers because they will support him but the power dynamic under him will still be more diluted.

My dream was to have a very influential person, an Art Director like Fabien Baron, rather than a stylist at the helm of Vogue. I think Edward will only perpetuate what Anna did when in fact, i think Vogue needs to be back as an authority in pure fashion and distance itself from celebrities at a certain capacity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rob Watson
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->