US Vogue Winter 2023 : Florence Pugh by Colin Dodgson

Happy to see Florence, but I prefer her previous (quintessentially American Vogue) cover. This is a beautiful photo, but I'm a bit undecided on how I feel about it as a cover.

Photographer: Colin Dodgson
Stylist: Gabriella Karefa-Johnson
Celebrity: Florence Pugh
Hair: Akki Shirakawa
Makeup: Fara Homidi

vogue.com

Hit and miss for me. I don't think the cover shot particularly flatters her face, but there are some nice photos in the spread.

A gorgeous cover, to be honest. It's clean, and I like that there's more text to read, hence it doesn't look empty to look at.

Good to see Florence on the cover of Vogue USA again. I prefer this one over her first Vogue appearance.

Glad to see a talented actress, but the editorial intent is terrible, especially the photo with a fish in hand, the style is also terrible, if it was shot up to a few years ago, perhaps by a photographer like Peter Lindbergh or Mario testino the result would have been fantastic, but then, why do they use Grabriella so much? why was she chosen by Anna Wintour? it's a mistery

Another display of complete lack of taste, elegance and quite frankly, talent. American Vogue died when all the artists who've built it left the ship and Anna hasn't found a single decent talent ever since. The styling is dreadful, the photography is dreadful, the hair... there isn't a single redeeming quality about this. Perhaps the studio portrait with embellished golden skirt or the one with the golden sequins dress, but overall Colin Dodgson simply isn't a good photographer and is much more suited to publications like Document Journal or whatever he usually works for. It's appalling to think that this is what we've come to.

American Vogue is just laughable at this point. I am in no way surprised the magazine is now forced to combine issues - beyond lost and in dire need of a revamp. I am unable to appreciate a single element here - from the cover subject to the (albeit immaculate) kitchen setting.

I am just beyond relieved that I came to my senses and quit buying American Vogue. Again, just like Vogue France... enough was enough.

While I like that the cover is unexpected, it’s all quite underwhelming. The concept looks half baked and her hair looks sad. The styling is amateur hour. You have access to the best clothes and this is what you come up with. Gabriella is 20% hit and 80% miss for me. Just uninspired.

It's a food themed issue so that's why she was shot in a kitchen and holding various food ingredients.

I just don't like the masthead color choice

I like the cover but the editorial is rather unimpressive. if you’re going for a kitchen inspiration/ set then do it fully as it could’ve been a great idea to execute.

these new photographers… bring Testino back. there I said it.

So this is the Jan/Feb issue? 10 issues a year is so tragic.

The cover's fine. Meh to the editorial.

I like the cover but the editorial is rather unimpressive. if you’re going for a kitchen inspiration/ set then do it fully as it could’ve been a great idea to execute.

these new photographers… bring Testino back. there I said it.
I'd hardly categorise Colin as new. He's been around for at least a decade.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maliburum
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->