US Vogue Winter 2023 : Florence Pugh by Colin Dodgson

One would get the impression that Anna's target market is now middle-America shoppers at the grocery checkout line that are obsessed with pop culture. They see the celebrity-of-the-moment on the cover, grab the issue and throw in their basket. Content is irrelevant at this point.
Thats why she started putting celebrities in the cover of Vogue instead of Top Models around 2002.

Jeez I thought this was a late promotion from the movie "The Menu" lol. What's with the kitchen setup? They didn't gave her justice with this shoot. They can do better tbh

Not the cover line: "sparkle, sparkle, sparkle!" with that drab commercial kitchen background.

Only models can pull off such concepts and still make them look fashionable. The Florece cover and ed look more like Netflix promo shots for a new restaurant based tv series. Karlie on the other hand still delivers fashion, Anna needs to reserve the complex editorial work for models.

Boring, unglamorous, very uninspired! As always. I am not expecting anything amazing from US Vogue.
No wonder they are struggling with sales, gurrlll who would buy this crap? I'd rather spend my money on Chinese/Korean publications rather than this depressing piece of garbage of an edition

Thankfully they switch back to their usual layout.

GKJ is below the average as a stylist...and she proves it constantly...i only saw something interesting a couple of times....stll there is no point of view, she is distracted trying to become a personality herself...

I love the cover personally. The stainless steel adds a bit of modern glamour to it. Quite surprised it was shot by Colin because even though she looks like she's been baking in the sun all day, it's a departure for him. Will always respect a magazine that sticks to its codes instead of kowtowing to the photographer's style. Plus he's American. An American photographer shooting for American Vogue is great, no?

Styling and editorial are neither here nor there, I'd prefer more of the kitchen shots but I suppose some compromise had to be made.

Anna is past it for many reasons, but I quite like this shift to untested photographers. We need another Theo de Guetzl cover! He did splendid work for them.

I mean its not an offensive cover, but surely there were better shots and setting.

Nicola Peltz Beckham and Brooklyn Peltz Beckham by Dan Martensen:

Jennifer Lopez was a return to form, maybe because Annie is the signature photographer of American Vogue. But then, this feels experimental again. I liked half of their covers in 2022, and the other lacks of identity. This is more close to Dua Lipa and Jennifer Lawrence covers, which were the worst ones from the bunch.

Reactions: KoV
I liked their more experimental covers last year, I like if you look at them closely they weren't that experimental anyway.

Brooklyn Beckham wearing literal rags in that shot. Fashion can be such a parody sometimes. We're expected to pay hard-earned money for that shirt that looks like it has gone through the ringer? Better off popping in a vintage store then.

Nicola Peltz Beckham and Brooklyn Peltz Beckham by Dan Martensen:

They are not even trying to pretend anymore with nepotism. At least with the Nepo models they got some of their parents' model genes, nowadays its anyone witha famous last name even the least interesting/photogenic ones. A time will come when we will be wishing for nepo models

The Beckham editorial just proved to me that a combination of a good photographer with a good stylist and the right models is vital to selling the clothes because I hate the way they photographed that Olivier Theyskens dress, they made it look so banal.

They are not even trying to pretend anymore with nepotism. At least with the Nepo models they got some of their parents' model genes, nowadays its anyone witha famous last name even the least interesting/photogenic ones. A time will come when we will be wishing for nepo models

But they are not models, they're more celebrities/socialites. And for better or worse Anna's Vogue has featured these types of people since forever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->