V #60 July/August 2009 : Cameron Diaz by Mert & Marcus

The cover is actually pretty hot. I maybe the only one, but I get a Gwen Stefani vibe from the cover? I can't believe the difference between this and Cameron's US Vogue cover. I actually like Cameron, she's produced some good editorials (Like her W cover when she was brunette).

This maybe the first V magazine I've picked up for a very long time.

It looks like a Paula Yates impersonator trying to be Madonna for a day.

well what a relief.
If it is Diaz than the cover is smoking hot. Very dynamic and not the usual celebrity cover.

Thanks for the info, I think so too after taking a closer look ^_^

Hopefully Mert & Marcus has an ed inside, they have been quite M.I.A. from eds!
I looked at your post quickly and got all excited thinking M.I.A was in the issue:rolleyes:

I was worrying about V Mag when I saw it was Gaga in cover, but I'm relieved !
Anyway, I hate the cover, so it's not really important...

oh it's Cameron!!! glad it's her!!!! she looks HOT! and i gotta say i love the Prada boots on her. :D :smile: can't wait to see the contents! and Cameron's ed too! :smile:

It looks like a Paula Yates impersonator trying to be Madonna for a day.

:rofl:! Hysterical! And to whomever said she looks like Nadja Auermann, she really does. When I first saw the picture, I fantasized that it was Nadja, but knew it wasn't. That would be too much of a miracle to ask for.

I don't quite mind the cover. It's not the most creative of shots, but it is still very fierce, very 80's, and VERY M&M. And I'm glad to see those supersexy Prada fisherman boots being put to good use. I'm a little shocked, though, that such a commercial actress like Diaz took an extreme, high fashion route to promote a film. Her Vogue cover was very fashion, very chic, and still managed to hold a bit of Cameron's breezy California personality. This, on the other hand, gives nothing about her as a person or a celebrity and is pure dress-up fantasy.

Why magazines use celebrities promoting movies and their careers as models for over-the-top inspirations is still beyond me. The worst case of this was Ginnifer Goodwin for W June. At least Cameron looks hott, comfortable, and in her element...

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow she makes one lame Nicholas Sparks movie and shes suddenly on two of the biggest fashion magazines in the past two months.
This is so lame. Edgy Cameron Diaz will never work ... Posing a blonde with a Madonna reference. How innovative.

It's SO unexpected. I wanted to see Lady Gaga. But I like this.

But .... Wait! why video says it's her. :unsure:

when you first said lady gaga, I thouhgt wow they cloned her into cameron but i guess it was her all along don't like the cover much but this looks interesting

The theme of the issue revolves around beauty so its no surprise the lovely Iris Strubegger makes an appearance. Shot by Willy Vanderperre in an editorial that focuses on the deconstructed look of fashion’s 1940s inspired styles, Iris looks as impressive as ever. An added pleasure is Olivier Rizzo’s expert styling, which makes the story pop with its surreal take on classic dressing.

1139942324_orig_V60VANDERPERRE.jpg

models.com

Looks very nice. thanks for posting.

I believe i'm coming up with Iris fatigue, she is a fantastic model no doubt, its just a bit to much everywhere for me to fully appreciate that. :ninja:

I need to look more at the magazines, because I hadn't seen her THAT much in editorials.

But that looks fantastic ...
that's just too bad V isn't worth it .... because I won't spend 10€ just for one editorial !

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eisabeth
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->