V Magazine #109 Fall 2017 : Lady Gaga by Hedi Slimane

Scotty

Reaction score
Shot by Slimane.

DH6zvVLW0AACxsF.jpg
twitter/gagamonster96

Last edited by a moderator:
That top might as well say "HEALTHY" on it. :wink:

Kristen Stewart just got new hair inspiration!

I like the composition and gold foil accent, but why her? New album or film? Because she's as passé as this magazine to be honest. The hair and expression looks awful, and it's a pity the shot looks like one of Hedi's best.

V is clearly the only magazine willing to give her covers. I never see her book anything else.

Last edited by a moderator:
"As passe as this magazine to be honest"

Seconded!

Nice picture. Wrong decade.....

this magazine never interested me...
sadly, the image is very boring...

Kind of comical to me that both V and W have blonde pop stars for their September issue, both with the tag line "Listen Up!" Both make me want to go deaf and never purchase either magazine again.

I'll never get the Hedi Slimane/Lady Gaga connection... It's very odd. I refuse to believe that Hedi listen to her songs (even if she has great songs)...

Let's be honest, it's not very interesting. Gan has found a new way to maintain his magazine: make it all about his friends. I don't think it will make it more relevant but at least, people will talk about it...if they cares.

God how many times she covered this magazine? I know she's friends with the staff but geez....

That top might as well say "HEALTHY" on it. :wink:

LOL

Of course, this person can never though in her wildest dreams— as desperate as she may try and try and try… and deny and deny and deny….

(I get that this rag wants to be the new generation’s Smash Hits or something along that line, but then put someone remotely relevant to the generation on the cover, or notorious: I’d kill to see Azealia Banks.)

It's weird you mention Smash Hits magazine. I was looking at some covers yesterday - so good!

The reason I love the new cover of POP by Harley Weir (the colour one) is it looks like a fresh update of the spirit of Smash Hits

Let's be honest, it's not very interesting. Gan has found a new way to maintain his magazine: make it all about his friends. I don't think it will make it more relevant but at least, people will talk about it...if they cares.

Lol, it would appear Gan and Carine are both lost without each other.

LOL

Of course, this person can never though in her wildest dreams— as desperate as she may try and try and try… and deny and deny and deny….

(I get that this rag wants to be the new generation’s Smash Hits or something along that line, but then put someone remotely relevant to the generation on the cover, or notorious: I’d kill to see Azealia Banks.)

You had me until the last two words... shes not even a has been but a never was... her minor moment of relevancy happened about three years ago.

Love this, Gaga looks great! God I love this woman - I still don't feel like she gets enough credit for her contributions to music, performance and fashion over the past (almost) decade. I get that she's not everyone's cup of tea and nor should she be, but she is incredibly talented, hard working and kind and is responsible for some truly iconic moments in pop culture.

And for people questioning her relevance: she's just begun a world tour which, according to the boxscores for the first 4 shows, is doing phenomenally well already; she is still a touring force even if her streaming power is not as mighty as her contemporaries. In the past year alone she had a killer Superbowl show, headlined Coachella, her album went to No.1 and (believe it or not) as of July is the highest selling female artist of 2017, although I'm sure Ms Swift will put an end to that quite soon.

I've gone a little off topic but my point is that she is still very much relevant and absolutely deserving of this cover and more.

I'm looking forward to seeing the HQ, I love the combination of the B/W and gold foil. Yes she's been on the cover of V a lot but she has a history and connection with the magazine and it's staff so it makes sense to me..but that might just be because I'm a fan (if you couldn't already tell :lol:)

Love this, Gaga looks great! God I love this woman - I still don't feel like she gets enough credit for her contributions to music, performance and fashion over the past (almost) decade. I get that she's not everyone's cup of tea and nor should she be, but she is incredibly talented, hard working and kind and is responsible for some truly iconic moments in pop culture.

And for people questioning her relevance: she's just begun a world tour which, according to the boxscores for the first 4 shows, is doing phenomenally well already; she is still a touring force even if her streaming power is not as mighty as her contemporaries. In the past year alone she had a killer Superbowl show, headlined Coachella, her album went to No.1 and (believe it or not) as of July is the highest selling female artist of 2017, although I'm sure Ms Swift will put an end to that quite soon.

I've gone a little off topic but my point is that she is still very much relevant and absolutely deserving of this cover and more.

I'm looking forward to seeing the HQ, I love the combination of the B/W and gold foil. Yes she's been on the cover of V a lot but she has a history and connection with the magazine and it's staff so it makes sense to me..but that might just be because I'm a fan (if you couldn't already tell :lol:)

Thank you. She also has A STAR IS BORN, co-starring and directed by Bradley Cooper, coming out in September.

Heartwarming when you PRs - music and film - come together like that and work as a team

God bless America

i feel like this magazine only puts gaga on the cover... then sometimes it's some teenager i never heard about and then back to gaga. Not interested, i think it's probably been a decade since i last bought an issue of this mag

Meh. Less boob would have been better at least imo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LKLA2024
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->