Valentino F/W 10.11 : Freja Beha, Monika Jagaciak & Tati Cotlar by David Sims

Another one for Freja?! Niiice.

I like the concept and the darkness of the first shot, but the model looks bland.

Not impressed. But hopefully with some more shots, that changes. I'm willing to appreciate Freja.

Pff I don't need anyone to tell me which model is pretty and who isn't, that's subjective, not hypocrisy. It's ridiculous to try to convince others about liking or disliking certain model.
As for this campaign, i'm not fascinated by it but I'm glad Tati got it and now i'm looking forward to seeing Freja's and Jac's shots ^_^

when i read david sims i thought that things would be lost (again? :innocent:) but they're not yet... the images are quite ok but they're so not valentino.

It's funny how everyone is looking forward to Freja's - Monika's shots. The mood of the campaign will work better for them than it did for Tati. It has a child innocence nostalgia that I'm liking. Finally these guys seem to do something wiser with their collections. Slightly transforming the old Valentino to a more youthful target.

Btw, I'm also looking forward to Freja's -Jac's shots :lol:

you guys are soo lucky i didnt see this till after Faith Akiyama intervened because i was about to go innn

but i dont know whats all this chit chat about Freja and Jac and they haven't even been seen yet...they are gorgeous(fashion model wise) girls and Im :buzz: to see what they offer in this campaign

P.S.. I HATE THIS AD, Wtf is going on this season...this is about the 5th one i complete dont like............................................so far:wink:

Last edited by a moderator:
i never really liked valentino or their ads (dree hemmingway :yuk:), but i actually am excited for this -- mainly for the casting.

I don't even know what to make of it. I don't have a problem with nudity (even in advertising though its not about the clothes) but the kind of nudity here is odd. Her posture is hunched over and she looks frail and scared. It is not an image of a powerful woman. She looks like an abused little girl. It seems exploitative.

The clothed image doesn't present much more confidence, but at least she isn't huddled. I just don't this successfully promoting the clothes. To me it seems like they want to create a new image of the Valentino woman. They know that traditionally, the Valentino woman is strong and sexy, so here they are going the opposite with fragile and sad.

^ Agree. These may be beautiful photos, but I can't imagine the average consumer saying "HUH! I need that dress NOW!" after seeing this depressing ad.

Tati manages to look like a fish half submerged in water here. hope Freja and Jac's are more decent.

It's not doing anything for me so far. I was hoping for Dree to get the campaign again as last season's campaign was amazing!
And I'm not that excited about Freja being in this. I have to say I'm starting to like her more and more, but she really is everywhere this season. A bit too much for my taste.

I actually like it, its simple and stunning. Can't wait to see jac's shot.

The cast is really interesting, I'm waiting for Freja and Jac shots.

It's no necessary to be a great analyst to say that everything that do the new designers confirmed the artistic desviation of Valentino brand.

The latest brand of European classicism. :lol:

...:cry:

To me it seems like they want to create a new image of the Valentino woman. They know that traditionally, the Valentino woman is strong and sexy, so here they are going the opposite with fragile and sad.

Like that statement they gave a week ago when the Resort collection came out: “We’re focusing on a young and fragile woman who wants to be modern via special fabrics and techniques.”

I thought it might be some slight mistranslation, but from what I've seen of the new Valentino 'woman' so far, the more I fear it rings true - although until I see these adverts in print, I won't know the full effect of them. "Fragile" wouldn't be a winning concept in my world.

They are indeed creating a new brand image...and to be honest, I do not mind at all. They SUCKED at redoing what Valentino had been doing for like half a century. There was no soul in it whatsoever. Now that these designers seem to have realised just that, I think they made a right choice taking another direction. A direction where their own signature and style as designers shines through as well. I think they are slowly finding a good balance of their own aesthetic and the old Valentino aesthetic. But gove them time...I haven't been completely blown away with their work yet either, but you can see the growth.
These ads are more of their own aesthetic, but that's ok: fashion is change. As for the casting, it totally fits their aesthetic. And honestly, Valentino would have probably adored Jac as well if he were still active, so she's like connecting link between the new and old Valentino. What with her youth, yet haute presence and beauty.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love the transformation of the brand, they're younger generation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ericbaig68
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->