Valentino S/S 10 Paris

Alessandra-Valentino who-cares? I mean, old Balenciaga looked nothing like what NG just showed this season. Valentino never looked so light and effortlessly "ruffly" beautiful. Perhaps I'm so sick of faux "tough", fake punk, plastic goth, and cartoon horror genre - studs, zips, buckles, shredded shirts and slashed pants. It's pushing all the right secret "pretty" buttons that have remained firmly disdainful since the emergence of Marchesa and shutting down the thinking ones...grr...didn't think I'd fall for this, but I'll figure out an occasion to wear this to after I get my hands on them.

Last edited by a moderator:
...Valentino needs to be closed down like all the other dinosaurs of fashion. Who wants to dress in that old style anymore except one's elderly conservative grandmother....

are you being tongue in cheek? :unsure:

Alessandra-Valentino who-cares? I mean, old Balenciaga looked nothing like what NG just showed this season. Valentino never looked so light and effortlessly "ruffly" beautiful. Perhaps I'm so sick of faux "tough", fake punk, plastic goth, and cartoon horror genre - studs, zips, buckles, shredded shirts and slashed pants. It's pushing all the right secret "pretty" buttons that have remained firmly disdainful since the emergence of Marchesa and shutting down the thinking ones...grr...didn't think I'd fall for this, but I'll figure out an occasion to wear this to after I get my hands on them.

nicolas ghesquiere for balenciaga has a clear NEW identity. despite recent stumbles, stefano pilati for yves saint laurent has a new signature. while i find many pieces in this collection quite delightful, if they want to push reset on the house of valentino, they need to do it aggressively and absolutely.

they just should expect the sales to diminish to that of lesser houses that appeal to the same.

This is surprisingly good. I mean, I don't know that I'll ever fully embrace all of the cliches of so-called "feminine" fashion, but all things considered this isn't nearly as frou-frou as it could have been. There's a slight feeling of decay to a lot of the clothes that keeps them from being saccharine.

I have a feeling that with time this would have been somewhat similar to what Alessandra would have done, in spirit anyway. One thing's for sure though, this is easily the most youthful, unfussy Valentino collection that I've ever seen.

Oh, and the Philip Treacy-designed shoes are masterpieces. He should start a shoe line ASAP.

The Shoes :woot:

Those are the best part, no doubt.
The collection itself...ehhh. It definitely isn't ugly, it's soft and pretty, but it's nothing major for me. The colors are so-so, nice, but they seem like you washed them too many times that the pigment faded. It also does not look like a Valentino collection. There's nothing...showstopping.
You know, I'm not asking for these two to be Mr. Valentino Garavani, they need to do their thing, but I'm asking them to respect his blueprints for the label and bring the spirit he would always give. They haven't shown much, so I might change my mind, but they need to step up, and preferably as soon as possible.

have THE SHOES appeared in editorials yet? i need pictures of the shoes (i just refuse to use style.com and i'd rather trust some nicely photoshopped picture were the toes are not dying from asphyxia)
thanks! :flower:

God.....now Paris Hilton Would Definately Wear Valentino....(she Was Banned By Mr Garavanni In The Past)......i See Some Great Stuff,but The Whole Vision And Concept And The Environment Is Soooo Unvalentino!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->