Valentino S/S 10 Paris

these two are getting better -but i still feel they are very amateurish, without that sense of inspiration/vision.

still, its pretty, but hopefully there's abit more substance than just superficial Marchesa fluff..

this isn't actually as bad as everyone seems to make it to be.
It's youthful yet elegant and stunning. I personally think this is a million times better than their past rtw collections under the Valentino label.

Amazing collection, but sorry, don't have the Valentino's essence. Can be any other brand, but not Valentino

well yeah, that's nice ! classy and smart, drapping seem really good as ever

these two are getting better - but i still feel they are very amateurish, without that sense of inspiration/vision.

Yes, I felt it was the improvement I wanted to see from the new team, but they've still got a long way to go.

I can't say I know much about the Valentino 'essence'... but this sure is very, very pretty. :wub:

The reviewers don't half go on about some rubbish don't they?
I wish they gave their make-or-break opinions like they used to.
If a brand wishes for me to dislike it, it designs an entire collection of girly ruffles in sheer and with lace.
There are some okay pieces but it's not my CoT.

Yes, I felt it was the improvement I wanted to see from the new team, but they've still got a long way to go.

I feel like they're going to be at Valentino for a long time, developing their work. If they get good, Valentino good, then maybe I shall appreciate them.
I wonder how Alessandra feels about them..

This is a pretty collection and its ten times more tasteful than what Valentino did at the house. They bring a certain fragility to the label but they also bring youth. Some of those 'lace' looks had a mixture of woven leather in them.

I thought it was also interesting that they comissioned the milliner Philip Treacy to do the shoes. They turned out to be quite sculptural as a result and not just 'a pretty shoe'.

I'm warming up to Valentino, I like the direction this duo is taking for the house of Valentino.
Is it just me or does anyone get the Nina Ricci by Olivier Theyskens vibe?

where's valentino in this? seriously. those pants remind me of those pants theyskens did for rochas -- edgy and elegant at once. i'd chase a woman in those shoes down the street. and the petal jackets -- though oddly reminscent of that near-iconic number in the last sex and the city movie -- remain near perfection. if those don't sell, nothing will. however, it's just not valentino.

it's not even valentino's-doing-something-different valentino. it's just not valentino.

Yes, it's Alessandra Facchinetti again showing up after a failed attempts in the last couple seasons by the new designers, they've decided that youth was what they were looking for, you should have know this baby cat. FULL CIRCLE. Revenge.

I wonder how Alessandra feels about them..

I wish Alessandra would land a really killer gig somewhere (damn, Nina Ricci's taken!) - or maybe her own label? (i know, unlikely)...

because as much as I try to stomach the new Valentino collections, each thing that the new accessories-designer duo sends out leaves me with a bitter taste in my mouth, and stabs of resentment that they (V management) kicked out Alessandra :ninja: :ermm: :lol:

I (and i think quite a few other people?) have this sense of psychologically not being able to move on from the acrimonious and really distasteful ending...in need of closure. Otherwise every Valentino thread is going to be reminisces about Alessandra. :innocent:

^I like the shoes a lot as well. Seems that this season there's a lot of non-heels out there :D

The last dress was comical :rofl:

Great collection, simple and stunning. I wish there was a little more umph, though, sometimes it just gets a little too monochromatic. But all in all a brilliant collection, both for HF and wearability. :smile:

BRING BACK TOM FORD!!!!!
Oh, wrong thread.
Whatever, enough whining.
Who cares if this is not Alessandra or Valentino, this stuff is younger and more realistic. The non colors are beyond refined and spot on without delving into more cliché embroideries, stiff retro ensembles and "RED".

Valentino needs to be closed down like all the other dinosaurs of fashion. Who wants to dress in that old style anymore except one's elderly conservative grandmother.
Give these two their own collection or have them do Rochas because they are good.

I've come to the conclusion that NO ONE is good enough for TFS so I take the critiques with a grain of salt...

Last edited by a moderator:
New generation of Valentino, i really enjoy watching it but at the same time i missed the old time sake.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->