Rick Owens S/S 10 Paris

I love those loin cloth hip revealing skirts. Middle thigh is the new erogenous zone!

Loin cloths and mirkins?! :D

I like the bangles and the flat, closed-toe boots - can't say I'm particularly overwhelmed with anything else, much.

The beginning of the show is very 'take it or leave it', but as things progressed, it became a story of beauty. I love all of the leggy looks; seems so foreign for Rick Owens. His aesthetic still leaves me cold in some areas, but it's definitely warming up in other areas. So glad he has toned down on the draping in his work, you can finally see the truth in the clothes, I think...

tangrams, anyone???? :lol::lol:

i think i like it . . . i'm gonna give it some more time, though. some of these pieces confuse the heck out of me.

i really like the architectural aspect of Rick's work... it reminds me a bit of Zaha Hadid

I really think some of these coats and jackets could be incredible statement pieces off the runway, but once again, Owens doesn't really hit that chord with me - it's not quite how I like it.

I really think some of these coats and jackets could be incredible statement pieces off the runway, but once again, Owens doesn't really hit that chord with me - it's not quite how I like it.

same here...
only thing that i could say while looking at his collection was "hmmm"

there is something uncanny about this collection. the whole show feels, for the first time, a bit pretentious. maybe it's a lack of direction in the clothes or theme. the styling is weird and it's too repetitive.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in awe :wub: I just can't get enough of this collection.

I agree that in some ways, this could be read as a lack of direction - Except I don't think that matters when it comes to Rick. He has defined and refined his aesthetic beautifully over the years. He knows his customer, and knows they deeply appreciate the slight nuances and twists that he puts on his overall vision each season.

Loving the geometrical cuts this season. Yes, the collection can be seen as repetitive..but to me that is Rick and his aesthetic.

Some of the boots are very FW09 but maybe it's in those little details or material that makes it SS10. Who knows..

Thank you JJ for the pictures!
I love love this collection! Each season Rick does what he does so well but continues his vision and makes it so fresh and yet so consistent! :heart::wub:
You can see that from his last collection he has evolved the elements of that, to me thats what makes him so great

Thanks so much for posting the video Mikenouveau!! It's fantastic!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sl4vicd0ll
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->