Valentino S/S 10 Paris

Wow, I haven't looked at Valentino with any excitement in years but this is SO gorgeous!.. the use of lace is definitely a house classic but it feels so relevant, perhaps because it's done with such honesty and charm.. I absolutely love this, definitely the best show of the last two days. :heart:

Agree on ALL counts. :blush:

Ok this is nice but it's Valentino so it just can't be nice, in my eyes they failed.

i hate this with a passion, come back valentino ppppppllllllllleeeeeeeaaaaaaaassssssssseeeeeee

Well it's a step up from last season, but anything is a step-up after that catastrophic collection.
There is definitely the Valentino femininity present there; pretty layers, bows, lace. But there is no colour and the hair and makeup is depressing. Those 2 things alone can make me hate the collection.
The Valentino vibe is just not there anymore.

Unfairly enough, I don't think I'll ever like these guys.

I think this is beautiful overall. A little overkill in a few of the looks but the color palette and details are incredible.

some things feel a little TOO young for traditional valentino customer but maybe thats the point. i like it but i wish they had offered some more daywear...

what the hell is this? is this Valentino? is this the new blood the two designers want to add to Valentino? ruffles,dark colours,layers,NO!!
i have to admit there are some beautiful looks,but some other brands can also have these.
so disappointed.

Valentino retiring is the best that could happen to the brand LOL. I never liked Valentino (though I admit he's one of the huge names and he really was the last emperor), but Alessandra and the last two collections of this guys have been really amazing, really modern, beautiful and, most important, YOUNG (unlike lady-like Valentino dresses).

Wow, I haven't looked at Valentino with any excitement in years but this is SO gorgeous!.. the use of lace is definitely a house classic but it feels so relevant, perhaps because it's done with such honesty and charm.. I absolutely love this, definitely the best show of the last two days. :heart:

I agree this is quite pretty, not an image that strikes me as Valentino though i must admit I haven`t paid close attention in the past....Valentino has never spoken to me, but this is interesting... there`s something darkly romantic about it, which i like a lot. :heart: I think a bit more restraint would have served them well, but that is perhaps in the styling more than anything...

Charm is a nice word, it is charming.

and some of those shoes are really beautiful.. :woot:

However back to the collection, it just needs a few refinements. A few dresses could have been edited out, and better tailoring could have been done to some of the outfits to make the silhouette cleaner. But it's not bad, and I must admit I like it.

Exactly ! ^_^

this is a good collection but it reminds of the pretentious new ferragamo , yeah it gets good editor reviews but they are too prissy and frilly to sell

The collection is better as i thought. Pastel tones, very delicate, feminine. I think it´s lovely, i also miss the old MR. Valentino but it is a nice collection.

Wow, a lot of this is classically pretty, and delivered with a great eye for proportion, texture, subtlety and restraint that makes Marchesa look like cheap Project Runway productions. So glad the dated Valentino stuff are not regurgitated - this doesn't veer too far off from the chic, feminity that Valentino is noted for, and the ruffles and frills are more abstract. I can't understand the hatred for this while Chanel's banal, themed, over-embellished one-dimensional "prettiness" is exalted to the heavens. I'll pick up some of these for keeps!

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->