Rick Owens S/S 10 Paris

i really like the architectural aspect of Rick's work... it reminds me a bit of Zaha Hadid

You and I just became friends! :flower: I love Hadid's work, and that's exactly what I thought when I first saw this show.

I like it. I love the accesories. I am in love with the general direction Owens has been taking for the past coouple of seasons.

I think designers like Rick are the most innovative we have nowadays... True innovation in regards of fashion is of course, very hard to come by these days, however he at least seems to try. Most collections seem so uninspired to me now... it's the same old formula repeating itself. How I'd have loved to have been alive in the days of Coco or Yves...

Last edited by a moderator:
Just don't call me "Nefertiti"...quite beautiful really.

Great video, MikeNouveau!

how fresh and different :heart: really enjoyed looking through the pictures !

i'm impressed, a lot of of it looks really nice. i like the colors, the gold jewelry, the shoes, most of this is just really working for me! the fifth dress from the bottom is very goddess

ok i actually like this and i am usually indifferent to his collections. i like his work but sometimes season after season its so repetitive. to me, this collection still looks rick owens but there's something different this time.. maybe the lack of zipped up leather jackets. its so stiff and simple, i guess that what attracts me.

at first i was frightened of those fabrics hanging between their legs but i kind of like it now, i have convinced my narrow mind that the things between the legs are awesome :lol:

oh! and i love those metallic trash bag dresses!

Last edited by a moderator:
this and a.f. vandevorst....best of the season so far,imo. extraordinary stuff from rick. and evolved!

wow this is one of my fave owens collections in recent memory. i like the dresses, particularly the draped, shiny ones. it's less heavy and dark and brooding than some of his others collections and he's done a lovely job!

I will have to say no to this one. The structured pieces don't look like they're built for a moving body because there are strange bends and wrinkles everywhere that destroys the lines of the clothes... Looks a bit like scrunched up paper.

seeing rick owens's collections in HQ is always a necessity for me, otherwise i don't feel like i've really seen them and i have to keep looking at the small pictures again and again until i'm convinced saw all the details i could. thanks a lot classicalbang:flower:

i'm starting to think
what if someone else design this collection...
i love Rick Owens but... i don't know something is missing to be honest..

I'm pretty much indifferent to the collection. I dont love it but I don't hate it either. I do really like the jackets though...

I have to admit that it took me time to like the work that this guy is making (some collections ago, 'cause I've noticed him not long ago). But damn, now I don't even like, I adore his work and you can't expect anything from him, nothing. He's has this power, to create illusions, it is insane, I LOVED IT, this collection is amazing, he's amazing, the opened shoes are amazing and the make-up... is so perfect, all this is beyond amazing!!

RO gone constructivist? I see a bit of last season Jil Sander extrusion collection in this, whereas Raf Simons did it with curves and colours, RO did it in origami folds and neutrals. I do like it, as RO is a master of cut, shapes and construction. They are beautiful collector's pieces. The loin cloth has to GO though. :ninja:

let me jump on the 'loin cloth NO GO' train..
I don't get it.. and it strikes me as something wholly annoying to wear..
you'll need a wind still weather for that thing not to blow in all directions..

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->