Versace S/S 2005 Milan

me sees boobies!!! :ninja:

- the negative side, the dresses are standard, and to please my eyes, i believe they're lacking a little bit of creativity. nothing out of the blue that seriously caught my eye.

- on a positive note, i actually am quite fond of the colors they used, even if it looks the same as her past collections.

Some more pics!

versace07.jpg

versace15.jpg

versace23.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by LostInNJ@Oct 2 2004, 03:49 PM
I guess what I mean is why do people bash the collections, only to say that it is the same stuff. What else can they do, other than what they are known for. When you think about it, anything else would be straying too far. Even when she did her Fall 2004 collection, which was more conservative by Versace standards, people on this board called it trashy and tacky. Am I just easily pleased, or do most posters on this board have very high standards?
[snapback]383232[/snapback]​

Not once did anyone say trashy or tacky in this thread discussing their fall collection link

Edited: what's wrong with high standards :innocent:

Originally posted by maarit@Oct 3 2004, 07:03 AM
Not once did anyone say trashy or tacky in this thread discussing their fall collection link

Edited: what's wrong with high standards :innocent:
[snapback]383285[/snapback]​

:rofl: :lol: :clap:

i only see a couple, but i dont see the whole thread screaming horrible... and i believe everyone has their own opinions. without it, the fashion industry would be a mess.

Edited: what's wrong with high standards

i only see a couple, but i dont see the whole thread screaming horrible... and i believe everyone has their own opinions. without it, the fashion industry would be a mess.

Nothing is wrong with high standards, but I think that people must accept that designer's vision. Just because Donatella, or Roberto Cavalli likes brash sexiness doesn't mean that it's tacky. It's what they like and what their customers want. They deliver. When I said that people say that the collections are trashy and tacky, I didn't say that that was everyone's view, but read around and you'll see what I mean.

I don't mean to put down people's opinions, those are not my intentions, I just find it kind of offensive for people to completley berate that designer's work. :flower:

Originally posted by metal-on-metal@Oct 2 2004, 06:37 PM
UGH why are people still booking Carmen Kass?! :angry:
[snapback]383304[/snapback]​
Why's wrong with Carmen?

whata stupid boring collections , better than the usual disco gaudyness though i supos

Perhaps it is the illusion of high standards.

In any event, you have to understand that it is easier to bash a collection and say same ol same ol (which this very well is for Versace, but with a few nice, not so loud twists). This isn't just a fashion thing but people like to focus on the negatives, or perceived negatives....especially if the masses (fashion critics who often operate as PR agents for designers) believe it is a great, groundbreaking collection.

It's quite easy to say, oh that's stupid, lame, mundane, trite and contrived and that you expected more.....it can be an attempt to show that they are not easily pleased and that they have higher standards and expectations....but most of the time are just blowing hot air or sh*it. :innocent:

I don't think you are easily pleased and I don't think anyone in the thread has bashed Versace....there is always a good balance of criticim and praise here..although perhaps she should be given a bit of credit as I think this is an improvement...but coming from where she was....that isn't saying much.

Originally posted by LostInNJ@Oct 2 2004, 04:49 PM
I guess what I mean is why do people bash the collections, only to say that it is the same stuff. What else can they do, other than what they are known for. When you think about it, anything else would be straying too far. Even when she did her Fall 2004 collection, which was more conservative by Versace standards, people on this board called it trashy and tacky. Am I just easily pleased, or do most posters on this board have very high standards?

Originally posted by LostInNJ@Oct 2 2004, 03:49 PM
I hear what you're saying. Sometimes I don't understand why people bash certain collections, either. It seems like some people like to jump on the hate bandwagon a lot. But what can ya do?

That being said, I don't like it too much. However, the things I don't like would really grow on me if they'd cover up the models a bit more.

many wearable peices that have quite a bit of potential :smile:

for some reason I really love this swimsuit.
00340f.jpg

for me, something doesnt have to be extremely creative and completely changed and new to be admired. it just has to work :smile: at the same time, I don't want it to be played as safe and simple as say, kenneth cole (although I did love his fall flat kneehigh boots)

Okay... I just mentally rhymed off all of those models.
http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums/index...e=post&id=27794
:hardhead: I seriously need to start remembering actual information...
This collection is basically what I thought I'd be seeing. The thing is, while I expect very little from this vein of designer, there are so many new, struggling ones out there who's work is so much more inventive and fresh looking. They'll likely never get recognized on this grand a scale, regardless of their level of talent. I think though, as was previously said, that there's a different market for everything. There will always be the *fill-your-own-blank* who's shopping for this type of clothing, and then there are those who will support the lesser known, more alternative ones. Regardless of how ugly Versace may seem to some of us, they'll always be someone to buy it. :wink:

of course there is always be someone ready & willing to buy the kind of style Versace is showcasing, the problem for Versace is that due to total creative stagnation this 'someone' might just get this look from someone else, like Roberto Cavalli or many many more.

Personal preferences and taste isn't to be bashed on these forums.
People have the right to love or hate Versace and can voice their opinions freely.
I hope we all are able to deeply appreciate the democracy of voicing diverse opinions. Please respect contradicting views and try to 'open up' to those that dissagree with your opinions. Its nothing personal after all.

Originally posted by Lena@Oct 3 2004, 04:05 AM
of course there is always be someone ready & willing to buy the kind of style Versace is showcasing, the problem for Versace is that due to total creative stagnation this 'someone' might just get this look from someone else, like Roberto Cavalli or many many more.

Personal preferences and taste isn't to be bashed on these forums.
People have the right to love or hate Versace and can voice their opinions freely.
I hope we all are able to deeply appreciate the democracy of voicing diverse opinions. Please respect contradicting views and try to 'open up' to those that dissagree with your opinions. Its nothing personal after all.
[snapback]383619[/snapback]​
I don't think that there was any bashing going on, Lena. :flower:
And to be honest- I've thought some of the past Roberto Cavalli collections were awesome... Really vibrant! http://perso.club-internet.fr/yangabin/lam...04/cavalli9.jpg

i wasnt replying to your comments, just talking generally puple, thats all

Originally posted by Lena@Oct 3 2004, 04:29 AM
i wasnt replying to your comments, just talking generally puple, thats all
[snapback]383637[/snapback]​
Phew. :blush:

I've been pondering for a while now what the major differences were between Gianni and her sister...I can't seem to place my finger on it. Would he be as successful if he were trying to push the same visuals now as he did then? Versace is still luxurious, brash, and expensive...but I felt that there was such a connection to music and emotion, to being totally out of control by choice. These clothes, to me, look a bit rehab, a bit embarassed at coming out of such a rich, tailored past into a future and economy that is all scabbed up and scared, terrorist and politician ridden. Can Versace ever really truly exist now that the times and the perceived innocent decadence of that era is now gone?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->