Virginie Viard - Designer, Creative Director of Chanel

Very democratic and logo-driven approach was with KL the same, are we forgetting the past so fast ? logo at chanel has always played a role especially post her death, its funny to ready same comments that KL got all the time for his Chanel (besides the wow effect of the set mostly had many online and industry critics that is was old and the fit and productions as well.

Chanel is not a cinched waist type of silhouette it's mainly square to say it in simple terms , so the fit is quit universal and easy , this with the always clearly recognizable codes and many logo somewhere on the clothes is a winner for many people with normal every bodies to buy into even at these prices .

That's why both KL and V both get this critic about the silhouette of the clothes is a Chanel silhouette, this i feel gets always overlooked.

Yes KL played more with it in shows and manipulated it, V is more about a reality approach... for me one of the last Cruise shows the one in LA was most KL and her own style mixed it was sexy fun yung and also some ugly pop prints in but mainly verry cool set and total vibe while still over real clients things to wear.

KL was not shy from commerce and i loved him for that because he was intelligent but also realistic and yet a dreamer.

Recent shows are hard to justify but i wish her well the few interviews i read of her she seems very real and humble and nerdy even, she is doing the job clients love it and that in the end matters, fashion wise yes she should and could push more constantly a more fresh and less drap vision.

I always root for a humble underdog i guess :-)

Very democratic and logo-driven approach was with KL the same, are we forgetting the past so fast ? logo at chanel has always played a role especially post her death, its funny to ready same comments that KL got all the time for his Chanel (besides the wow effect of the set mostly had many online and industry critics that is was old and the fit and productions as well.

Chanel is not a cinched waist type of silhouette it's mainly square to say it in simple terms , so the fit is quit universal and easy , this with the always clearly recognizable codes and many logo somewhere on the clothes is a winner for many people with normal every bodies to buy into even at these prices .

That's why both KL and V both get this critic about the silhouette of the clothes is a Chanel silhouette, this i feel gets always overlooked.

Yes KL played more with it in shows and manipulated it, V is more about a reality approach... for me one of the last Cruise shows the one in LA was most KL and her own style mixed it was sexy fun yung and also some ugly pop prints in but mainly verry cool set and total vibe while still over real clients things to wear.

KL was not shy from commerce and i loved him for that because he was intelligent but also realistic and yet a dreamer.

Recent shows are hard to justify but i wish her well the few interviews i read of her she seems very real and humble and nerdy even, she is doing the job clients love it and that in the end matters, fashion wise yes she should and could push more constantly a more fresh and less drap vision.

I always root for a humble underdog i guess :-)
But I don’t think the issue with logos would have been a discussion if the collections were good.
Now I’m preparing my suitcase for a trip and I will pack my stars and logo blouse from 2008 and my umbrella with logos blouse from 2019. They were fun or good collections.

Karl wrapped his indulgence for tackiness with a good dose of fun.

I think about the Greek collection! There was that tshirt with a huge CC. The collection was good and the tshirt was sold out.

The FW2024 was good by Virginie’s standards but the Marseille one was a train wreck.

I must say that Chanel’s price increases strategy has the merit of now having the RTW cheaper than the bags. If you want Chanel, you can have 2K pair of jeans and it will still be less expensive than a mini version of a coveted bag.

But we have to remember that above all, luxury shoppers don’t care about fashion with a capital F. They are followers, early adopters because their money give them access to stuff but that’s it.

We saw it with Balenciaga.

About time!! Who will be replacing her? It must be PP
Heard some rumors about Hedi Slimane too but I don't think Hedi will take on a brand without menswear

OMG, that caught me by surprise !

but somehow I still don't believe Heidi will go there...

so her final show will be the HC?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peppermilk
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->