Vogue Czechoslovakia October 2018 : Lara Stone by Rankin

I'm actually a fan of this! Love the gilded mood, and the blue foil (?) adds a nice touch. Certainly covetable.
But what's with the new 'Vaseline on the lens' approach lol being laid on Kate and Lara? Or maybe they wanted something surrealistic?

It seems the fashion trend for autumn is to see things 'at the height of the party' while the rest of the world looks on and wonders why cover shots aren't even in focus anymore.

No idea why this is so liked, because this looks basic as hell. This looks like they had 5 minutes to shoot, the best shot came out blurry, and so they decided to go with it and retouch the hell out of it.

I wonder who shot this? It's a lot better than their first effort for a start, and I love the colour of the masthead. This gives me a little hope!

Really nice !
It's what Vogue Paris fails to do...
I like that the face is under the O and not centered. Really, Vogue CS has my attention !

Rankin???? Well, I'll be buggered!

Second cover wasn't needed, my God enough of this affected, sterile pretentiousness!

Rankin for Vogue???? Now that’s something you don’t see very often. If I remember correctly he did some covers for Vogue Germany around 2003/2004, but that’s it.

What a surprise to see Rankin after so many years I haven't seen his name credited on the magazines. But I still dislike their art direction, especially that weird pov from the model's groin :doh:

I like the feel of the image but it could use a bit more focus so that her stare had more definition, it's weird to see a vaseline smeared close-up since I'm so acustomed to Knight/Sims/Charlotte Wales using it for full body shots, Sims usually uses a subtler blur when shooting up close. I'm not sure about the masthead color

I like the feel of the image but it could use a bit more focus so that her stare had more definition, it's weird to see a vaseline smeared close-up since I'm so acustomed to Knight/Sims/Charlotte Wales using it for full body shots, Sims usually uses a subtler blur when shooting up close. I'm not sure about the masthead color

I do like the faint blur Sims often use, it adds way more atmosphere to the images. Couple that with the movement of hair and/or styling detail, it just intrigues me way more.

As for the masthead, I think I prefer the blue one. Gives the cover a more festive feel, this would have been perfect for December. That's why I don't understand how the second one even made the cut.

I thought the second cover had theatre curtains framing the scene, just realized they were the model's legs...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->